Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: What's a safe maximum number of CRS for a 10 gallon tank?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United_States
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default What's a safe maximum number of CRS for a 10 gallon tank?

    What's a safe maximum number of CRS for a 10 gallon tank? A breeder told me that he keeps about 200 CRS in 10 gallon tank. Isn't this too high, thou? What size tanks do you guys use, and how many shrimp/tank?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United_States
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Images
    15

    Default

    Nano,

    What are you thinking of breeding? I see that you're from Seattle. Are you going to check out the plant auction by GSAS next Tuesday? I havn't joined yet, but I'm going to see if anyone is selling some rare mosses.

  3. #3
    dmartin72
    Guest

    Default

    I have 100 uncrowded CRS in my 10 gallon tank that are thriving with a few berried females right now. I would think that you could have double that amount without a problem. I'm from Seattle too and was thinking about joining the GSAS.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United_States
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gourmettea View Post
    Nano,

    What are you thinking of breeding? I see that you're from Seattle. Are you going to check out the plant auction by GSAS next Tuesday? I havn't joined yet, but I'm going to see if anyone is selling some rare mosses.
    Yes, I will attend the GSAS plant/live stock auction on February 8th.

    I have some nice CRS, about eighteen of them, and I want to make sure I offer them the proper conditions for future growth. I know many hobbyists/breeders claim success with ten gallon tanks, but I just want to make sure, since I don't have much experience with it - not yet, anyway. I had a couple of hundred red cherry shrimps in the past, about three years ago, but they had to go due to home remodeling. Now I'm getting back into the shrimp keeping hobby.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United_States
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmartin72 View Post
    I have 100 uncrowded CRS in my 10 gallon tank that are thriving with a few berried females right now. I would think that you could have double that amount without a problem. I'm from Seattle too and was thinking about joining the GSAS.
    Hi,

    Thank you for your input - I appreciate it. So you have about 100 CRS that are different sizes, right?

    Sure, dmartin. You can join GSAS any time. If you didn't know yet, GSAS is the among the best, if not the best, aquarium club in the country. We bring a lot of great guest speekers every year.

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United_States
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Images
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanoQuaria View Post
    Hi,

    Thank you for your input - I appreciate it. So you have about 100 CRS that are different sizes, right?

    Sure, dmartin. You can join GSAS any time. If you didn't know yet, GSAS is the among the best, if not the best, aquarium club in the country. We bring a lot of great guest speekers every year.
    Had frigging Tom Barr last year...I've been wanting to go for a while but I had to work the last couple of meeting times. I will be there on Feb 8th. I hope to meet you guys. I'll be the Asian dude in work clothes (shirt, slacks and tie) bidding on moss and shrimp.

    Hey nano can I pay for my year membership there or do I have to mail it in?

  7. #7
    dmartin72
    Guest

    Default

    Joining has been on my list for some time now.

    100 in mostly sub-adult to adult with a small handful of small guys.

  8. #8
    dmartin72
    Guest

    Default

    Here is a video of my 10 gallon shrimp tank...fast forward to the 2:30 mark.


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to dmartin72 For This Useful Post:

    gourmettea (1st Feb 2011)

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United_States
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmartin72 View Post
    Here is a video of my 10 gallon shrimp tank...fast forward to the 2:30 mark.

    You have a really nice tank, dmartin. Thanks a lot for shring - I appreciate it. Hope to see you at the club someday.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to nanoQuaria For This Useful Post:

    myles (3rd Feb 2011)

  12. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United_States
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Images
    15

    Default

    Wow thats nice! The water looks pristine. It looks like you have anubias in there and the shrimps are ok. Is that DHG in the front?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 7th Feb 2011, 04:03 PM
  2. ADA Amazonia and CO2 for a 20 gallon CRS tank
    By rymeyer in forum Tank Setup
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 8th Feb 2010, 09:15 AM
  3. My #1 10 Gallon CRS(SS ~ SSS) Tank
    By kelvin2go in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22nd Jun 2008, 12:15 PM
  4. Safe to use these fert for CRS tank?
    By larlee in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th Feb 2008, 07:46 AM
  5. maximum number of crs
    By soulmanure in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11th Sep 2007, 11:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •