Thread: Difference between Super Tiger and Tiger shrimp?

Bubba Gump

Default Difference between Super Tiger and Tiger shrimp?

I have been searching for the definitive answer to this question. I understand the basic size differential, but if you had a mature Super Tiger and "regular" Tiger side by side, what would be the marked distinction other than size? Are Super Tigers capable of different color variations "regular" tigers aren't?

Also, can Super Tigers arise from "regular" tiger selection? Are the Super Tigers closer to wild strains and "regular" more captive bred over time? Looking for clarification from the local Tiger "expert".

Thanks in advance,
    Still a Gump here.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

Arrow

Hi, here is my definition of Supertiger shrimp, which come from a specific habitat in Southern China. The name was a selling name originally.

As shown on the picture above, Supertiger have...

red antennas:
    [IMG]/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/red_antennas.jpg[/IMG]

yellow head
    [IMG]/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/yellow_head.jpg[/IMG]

yellow tail with the a black band (360 degree)
    [IMG]/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/yellow-Fan-150x150.jpg[/IMG]

wide black or magenta tiger stripes
    [IMG]/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/wide_tigerstripes-150x150.jpg[/IMG]

Although other Tiger shrimps are also very beautiful, they mismatch properties of Supertiger. Supertiger often are bigger than homebred shrimps like other wildcaught Tiger shrimp. Supertiger are not likely to appear suddenly in other Tiger strains.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks

Good day, whether in this case, assume that the tiger is a super selection? or that the shrimp is just a variation of normal tiger with favorable natural conditions?
    Please forgive me for such a stupid question, just to our super tiger comes very rarely if not to say that in general, is not it And where to buy it, too, is not known yet

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

I have the chance to visit severals location of tiger shrimp in the wild. Different creek tiger has some variation in lines boldness and a bit of color tint different.

My thought is, if supertiger means bigger in size, these so-called super tigers are just select by their bigger size. There is a creek which has yellow-tail tigers, which resemblance of what in the pic. Some has thicker line, some has not, but generally tiger from this creek has better line on the body then other creek.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks

a little unclear turns out that super tiger is quite possible to find a specific natural bodies of water? And in the end it turns out that super tiger is just a random (natural) variation of the traditional tiger from one of these natural reservoirs. It turns out that way?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

The specific Tiger which I call 'Supertiger' are a wildcaught stream from a special Chinese location. So you can do selection on wild Tiger shrimp anyway, but not every group will show the look I mentioned above. Calling bigger Tiger shrimp 'Supertiger' is a mistake and not originally intended by this name.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks

imke_j, thank you very much for that explanation you. Now a little common pattern is emerging.

Thread Information