Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some things i overheard at a LFF

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Default Some things i overheard at a LFF

Not sure if this is the place to post this but just wana share some things.
    I was at a famous fishfarm recently in the westside. Saw a group of people beside a 5 or 6 ft planted tank talking about the Crs inside. This guy wearing the farm polo-T was saying about how to keep crs. Being curious, i walk slowly behind him and i heard him saying ' Just tell people you only need a small tank, get a overhead filter, some plants and you can keep them(CRS) well'. Whats next kinda make me sad....' Dont tell them about chiller or much as once owners manage to do well and breed them, they wont buy from us'. I walk away feeling kinda sad..cant believe these words came from such a famous farm. Well, now i know why they are listed.
    Anyway, this is just to remind those people who dont know much about crs, learn more from reading and do not just believe what the LFF says.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Yeah what business would do for profits

Senior
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Wait till you hear the one about the marine clownfish popularised by the show Nemo that started a craze in marine aquarium .

I was at a farm selling marine fish/corals (used to have a 5ft marine setup for few years). A small kid 'forcing' his parents to buy him a nemo (clownfish). Parent ask a staff there if it is easy to keep compared to his gold fish tank. Staff said, 'very easy, it won't bite your gold fish' !!!!!!

I waited till the staff went off to do his work and told the parent.....Of course it won't bite, the 'nemo' would be dead once inside his fresh water tank !!!

I then gave a short brief to the parent of what it takes to care for a marine aquarium...water parameters, lighting, temp, quarantine, feeding.......by the time I reach lighting, they gave up the idea of a 'nemo cum gold fish' tank .

Lucky Nemo .

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Smile

Thank goodness there are people like you out there, Nickel and ILIKESHRIMPS. You are helping to educate the public and improve the quality of life of the animals we care so much about. I hope we can all do our part when we have the chance!

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

yup, treasure life please..

jojoecute

I saw & heard personally...........
    10pcs CRS Buyer came back 2 hours later, tell the famous fishfarm staff... Why all mine 10 pcs CRS died, why ? How come ?

Guess what the staff reply?

I don't know, so far no other buyer complain of CRS die.

After the staff walk off, i told the buyer details & requirements of keeping CRs....

He just xyzxyzxyz ..... why they don't bother to tell me about it..... Then walk off with Fxxxxx Fxxxxx Fxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by ILIKESHRIMPS
    Not sure if this is the place to post this but just wana share some things.
    I was at a famous fishfarm recently in the westside. Saw a group of people beside a 5 or 6 ft planted tank talking about the Crs inside. This guy wearing the farm polo-T was saying about how to keep crs. Being curious, i walk slowly behind him and i heard him saying ' Just tell people you only need a small tank, get a overhead filter, some plants and you can keep them(CRS) well'. Whats next kinda make me sad....' Dont tell them about chiller or much as once owners manage to do well and breed them, they wont buy from us'. I walk away feeling kinda sad..cant believe these words came from such a famous farm. Well, now i know why they are listed.
    Anyway, this is just to remind those people who dont know much about crs, learn more from reading and do not just believe what the LFF says.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ILIKESHRIMPS
    Whats next kinda make me sad....' Dont tell them about chiller or much as once owners manage to do well and breed them, they wont buy from us'.
    I don't get this part, who was talking to who?

This is kind of sad, but in reality many shops just go after the profits and cannot strike a balance between well being of live stock and earning.

In another forum someone said, he was told by someone who open a LFS for 25 years and don't know what tank cycling is.

jojoecute

What *ILIKESHRIMPS* means, he went to a famous fishfarm. Saw a group of people beside a 5 or 6 ft planted tank talking about the Crs inside. This guy wearing the farm polo-T was saying about how to keep crs. Being curious, i walk slowly behind him and i heard him saying to his staffs ' Just tell people keeping CRS only need a small tank, get a overhead filter, some plants and you can keep them(CRS) well.

But don't tell buyers about chiller or much as once buyer/hobby manage to do well and breed them, buyers/hobby won't buy from FAMOUS fishfarm any more..

(Hope my translate of meaning is correct from *ILIKESHRIMPS* post.

Quote Originally Posted by silane
    I don't get this part, who was talking to who?

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

That's another way to put it but I still think it's wrong that the seller should misdirect the buyer

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

I agree with you JBN. I guess greed will make some people do bad things even if in the long run it makes people leave the hobby/business and kill the animals. They are willing to gamble that some people will try over and over after the shrimp die. What a sad, sad situation!

Thread Information