Thread: Studying Abroad in Berlin??

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Question Studying Abroad in Berlin??

I'm planing where I want to go study abroad for college next semester, is there anything aquarium/fish/invert related (cuz i know you germans are pretty awesome in this area) that any of you could tell me to push me more towards going to Berlin? ..Or really anything else about why Germany would be a good choice for me (a business major) to study at, opposed to somewhere else.

any help is appreciated

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

Hi, you rather should not make your decision depend upon the local fish or shrimp community and shops We have quite good business schools here, however - do you like to seriously study, or rather enjoy free time, go partying and see a lot? As I have worked at Cologne University, Economics Department, I maybe can help you finding a suitable university.

Here are the Top 25 faculties (economics):
    http://tool.handelsblatt.com/tabelle?id=77&pc=29

and Top 25 business studies
    http://tool.handelsblatt.com/tabelle/?id=29

Berlin is a great city, with lots of nightlife and crazy people - for sure it is exciting spending some time there (having experience with big towns surely helps getting started there)

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

well of course i'm not basing my decision on that, just something else for me to look forward to that people here would be able to advise me on. I'm actually looking at Freie Universitšt, which unfortunately isnt on either of those lists, but they have a relationship with my school so it makes things easier. Do u know anything about this school? because i'm basically going there if i'm going to Germany, unless i want to try to get another school approved. I'm not much of a party person but i do want to see a lot and learn a lot. I'm specifically a entrepreneurship major also.

and thanks a lot of ur response imke_j

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

For your studies, Munich and Mannheim would be defiantly better, as they are also best not only in research, but in teaching also: http://ranking.zeit.de/che2011/de/ra...4&ab=4&hstyp=1

The homepage from FU Berlin economics is here:
    http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/en/index.html

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

I don't speak any German so I can't decipher that rankings link. Do these schools have class taught in english? I wouldnt be opposed to taking a class to learn some German but I need my other classes to be English. I'll have to talk to my university about Munich and Mannheim. U think they would definitely be the best for entrepreneurship and business? And is FU Berlin not that great or r those schools just much better?

Thanks for the help

Country
    Poland
    Thanks

Sorry for off topic but i study in english in "Warsaw Uniwersity of Technology". In faculty environmental engineering. All lectures and tutorial are in english. In Poland living is cheaper than Germany but in Poland you don't earn much money. In Germany you can earn 3-4 times more. But living is more expensive. In Warsaw you can study business in english.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

Concerning the classes, I guess you must check the university websites you are interesting in. Besides, you can contact the DAAD, http://www.daad.de/en/, a German organization which organizes academic exchange on every level worldwide. Even when your uni has not exchange frame with one you want to go, it most often is possible on individual demand. The main problems are the transfer of credit points to your US system, if Germany has semester and US trimester.

Agree with piotr, Poland is cheaper - while in Germany, Munich would be the most expensive choice, and Berlin has moderate prices for rooms and apartments. Mannheim should also not be so expensive, but is no big city. Goethe University Frankfurt is also a good choice, as well as Cologne and Bonn (where I work). You must find one where you feel comfortable with all conditions, and be aware that bigger universities sometimes really are mass universities, where you have to be very self-reliant and tough to get through the academic jungle

Thread Information