Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My latest set up for Caridina dennerli

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks
    Images

Hi Imke!

I have my own well and the water is pretty clean. In general, we are blessed with very good water up here in the North.

Ive cycled this tank around 2 months. The shrimps from Matano lake works good in my tapwater but not the Touwuti lake shrimp, they seem to be more sensitive. I have only tried C. spinata and got them berried but no shrimplets.

About the subject of snails with Caridina dennerli i've always had it so I can not comment if it works as good without. My guess is that is not critical to have them together but ive belive snails in tanks is in general a good thing.

Maybe in sensible Touwuti shrimp tank they can raise conductivity to fast but i will try to have them anyway. But my focus is the shrimp and the population of snail have to adjust to amount of food the shrimp gets (pretty small amount)

In this tank i feed 3-4 days a week with a relatively small amount, there are many shrimp in this tank.

Now ive started to use reverse osmos water to lower the conductivity in combination with a stable high pH. Hopefully I will succeed even with some more delicate shrimp now. But only time will tell.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broddan View Post
    Hi Imke!

I have my own well and the water is pretty clean. In general, we are blessed with very good water up here in the North.

Ive cycled this tank around 2 months. The shrimps from Matano lake works good in my tapwater but not the Touwuti lake shrimp, they seem to be more sensitive. I have only tried C. spinata and got them berried but no shrimplets.

About the subject of snails with Caridina dennerli i've always had it so I can not comment if it works as good without. My guess is that is not critical to have them together but ive belive snails in tanks is in general a good thing.

Maybe in sensible Touwuti shrimp tank they can raise conductivity to fast but i will try to have them anyway. But my focus is the shrimp and the population of snail have to adjust to amount of food the shrimp gets (pretty small amount)

In this tank i feed 3-4 days a week with a relatively small amount, there are many shrimp in this tank.

Now ive started to use reverse osmos water to lower the conductivity in combination with a stable high pH. Hopefully I will succeed even with some more delicate shrimp now. But only time will tell.

your parameters are really good for sulawesi! If you're using crushed coral, doesn't it affect your GH levels as well? Hoping to learn as I'm running a sulawesi tank as well, I added a bit of coral sand and my GH went sky high. is there other means to raise ph?

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks

Hi broddan

Are those dragonstone you are using? Looks very nice with those holes in them.

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks
    Images

Hi to you to Grottbert

If i remember right it was labelled as "dragon stone" when i bought them. The holes are great for the shrimp but not always for me when i try to catch shrimp.

/Daniel

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broddan View Post
    Hi to you to Grottbert

If i remember right it was labelled as "dragon stone" when i bought them. The holes are great for the shrimp but not always for me when i try to catch shrimp.

/Daniel
    I'm also thinking of introducing some of those stones into my denerlii aquarium but hesitated since i read that they had irontraces in them, but since you are breeding happy denerlii's there it shouldn't be a problem for me either.
    Thank's for putting my mind at ease

/Mikael

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

The iron traces might be good since the lakes are rich in iron.

Quote Originally Posted by grottbert View Post
    I'm also thinking of introducing some of those stones into my denerlii aquarium but hesitated since i read that they had irontraces in them, but since you are breeding happy denerlii's there it shouldn't be a problem for me either.
    Thank's for putting my mind at ease

/Mikael

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

This is a beautiful tank! So glad to see so much success, how are they now?

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks
    Images

Hi

Right now the stones is in disorder because im selling quite a lot of shrimplets at the moment. But the tank are doing well and the shrimp is breeding good.

Im thinking of maybe start selective breeding cardinals, diffrent mutation do appear sometimes with more less color and spots.

Skickat från min GT-P5110 via Tapatalk 2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Broddan For This Useful Post:

kai (23rd Sep 2012)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Thats good to hear! Hope you get some nice mutations .

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks
    Images

I have seen this tank IRL and i was so impressed, keep up the good work. S
    ee you soon in Italy!!

Thread Information