Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Shrimp All Dying

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

gh is too high.. ideagh is 4-6

Audrina

On www.shrimpkeeping.com it says 6-10 so mine would be in range. Should I just try maybe topping off with softer water to lower it a bit?
    It also says that kh should be between 4 - 8 and mine is 0. Could that be a problem?

Country
    Spain
    Thanks
    Images

Kh may role a play at pH variations, but if your pH is stable IMHO I think Kh is fine. Try to high your pH at 7 , these shrimps prefer less acidic one. About deaths... maybe excell was the cause, may be not. Did you acclimate properly? have you noticed any extrange look or behaviour on shrimps?
    I hope you can solve it soon.

Audrina

Quote Originally Posted by Fento View Post
    Kh may role a play at pH variations, but if your pH is stable IMHO I think Kh is fine. Try to high your pH at 7 , these shrimps prefer less acidic one. About deaths... maybe excell was the cause, may be not. Did you acclimate properly? have you noticed any extrange look or behaviour on shrimps?
    I hope you can solve it soon.
    My pH is totally stable, the only reason I'm raising it now is because I'm doing water changes to do so. I'm going to try to get my pH to 7.5 right now.
    Going to stop dosing with Excel, and I'm not sure they were totally acclimated properly to be honest I tried for several hours but when I went over there they had all climbed into the tank. Any suggestions on how to acclimate the juvie OEBT?

Also the guy at the LFS made what I feel is an important observation. All my shrimp are dying at night so maybe they are suffocating. Seeing the protein in their heads could be a sign of this, so I'm adding an airstone.

I bought several amanos today and I'm going to see if any of them die as my amano in there did die. I'm certainly keep this thread updated because I am determined to keep tiger shrimp and hopefully it'll help more people in the future.

Audrina

Alright, got my pH up to 7.5 - 7.6. My OEBT are coming from a tank that's at 7.7
    Exactly how should I acclimate them?

(Also, 4 amanos added, so we'll see if they make it)

Audrina

Surprisingly I just found one surviving tiger. Hopefully it survives the pH fluctuations of today.

avex30

how is the temp for your tank?

I have currently reset up my 2ft tank for xbreed i have 10 of normal tiger and 10 piece of super tiger they are currently molting and breeding well

Ph is 6.4-6.5 GH at 5 Kh at 1 temp at 23.5 my tank glass constantly condensate. I read they need much cooler water which i think is true. Previously i have kept a tank with 24-25 temp it wipe out within 2 mths. Although i thought it was disease and during that time they don't breed even if they do breed they drop their eggs alot. So most likely the water parameter is not correct.

Audrina

My temp is 74F and totally stable.

Audrina

Well I did a little experiment last night with my Nerites as my amano climb out and made a run for it.... I turned off the airstone last night and this morning when I looked in there, I saw two nerites on their back, so I'm wondering if suffocation is the issue here. I'm going to keep my airstone going all the time but I'm not sure what this will mean for my plants? Since I'm providing more oxygen should I begin to dose with Excel again?

Audrina

OEBT came today, acclimated them and they are now currently swimming about my tank. Hopefully all will be well.

Thread Information