Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caridina Dennerli Research Setup

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Hi reefdive, I agree with you. I changed the clinical look slightly after taking fritz's advice. Here's a picture of the aquarium from 15 minutes ago (still quite basic):

<

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Looks much more like a shrimp tank to me now Ha ha . I think your survival rate on the young would be even better if you added some Java moss . They comb that stuff like a miner looking for diamonds in kimberlite . Other mosses would also be beneficial . My guess is the structure of the moss creates beneficial micro environment's for the microrganisms all shrimp love especially babies

Regular
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willw View Post
    Hi Drakarian,

You were right, unfortunately shrimp 3 has died and he was limply hanging onto the leaf upside down. I think you're also right about their death being virtually inevitable as wild caught specimens.

So, new plan: My father is a pilot who works within Europe. He occasionally flies to Hamburg and the airport is quite near the well-known Logemann brother's 'Garnelenhaus'. Hopefully he can get me a few captive bred specimens but that would be next month at the earliest.
    Good luck to you, and may i congratulate you on your good luck if your dad agrees to help you out, wow! It's always good having a pilot on your side, makes transportation much less stressful.

Side note, over here, as cardinals are quite hardy, its not often they don't survive for at least 3 weeks, with the close proximity of Indonesia and all. Normally the ones that are more sensitive are those that undergo "transportation shock". However, those specimens that aren't so badly affected, even harlequin, can be kept for quite a while with good water conditions even if not ideal. But yep, no way to save a bad shipment

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willw View Post
    Hi Drakarian,

You were right, unfortunately shrimp 3 has died and he was limply hanging onto the leaf upside down. I think you're also right about their death being virtually inevitable as wild caught specimens.

So, new plan: My father is a pilot who works within Europe. He occasionally flies to Hamburg and the airport is quite near the well-known Logemann brother's 'Garnelenhaus'. Hopefully he can get me a few captive bred specimens but that would be next month at the earliest.
    Wait until next month+ to get Cardinals. It'll be dry season in Sulawesi, easier for the fishermen to transport the shrimp.

Country
    Viet Nam
    Thanks

Hi willw, i'm very interested in your mineral mixing. Can you tell me the formular of chemicals and the detail how to mix them (proportion, step by step mixing ...) ? Thanks.

p/s: sorry i'm not good at english.

Thread Information