Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sulawesi Quest!!.... again.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks
    Images

Slayer,
    Gorgeous tank and shrimp! Congrats on finally getting them established! I really enjoyed your pics very much. Great job!

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi guys! Finally off loaded my photos from my camera... So here are the pics of my newest addition to my sulawesi tank. Ladies and gentlemen.... Harlequin Shrimp!!!!! Lets pray that this batch survives and thrives....

Anther Blue Leg Poso...

Thanks for viewing! Please feel free to comment!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slayer213 For This Useful Post:

myles (24th Jan 2012)

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

I wouldn't have the guts to try for a harlequin yet due to the difficulty level. I agree they are awesome though! I salute you!

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi soothing, yah i guess im just stubborn! Haha.. Bought 10 harleys 1 month ago, left with just one before i add the 18 (20 - 2DOA...) maybe those that survives are the stronger individuals... Base on that calculation... I will probably go bankrupt before i see any results! Thanks!!

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi Slayer,

How are you shrimps doing? I'm getting my order of 10 cardinals, 5 red orchids and 5 red stripes next Wednesday. My 12-15 litre tank is doing fine now.. I suppose with a cardinal and a berried gold flake inside atm. Any advice for me to integrate my shrimps smoothly into the tank next Wednesday? Thanks!

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi mosco! Ok, this is wat i usually do... I open up the bag and dump away half the water ( leave about 2-3 inches of water, check for babies before u thow the water away!! ) and set the bag in a pail, then drip water from your tank into the bag. Usually my rate is about 1 drop per 4secs, till the water in the bag is doubled. Usually it takes about 1-2hours, do not drip for too long as this will stress the shrimp as well. After that gently net the shrimps into the tank, for me, i try to place the shrimp at the substrate instead of letting them swim down, reduces stress also.. I do this in a dimly lit room with the tank lights off, again reduces stress.. Resist the urge to on the lights and start admiring the shrimp, let them adjust themselves and u can enjoy them tomoro :0) This is my method, theres other methods as well but this works for me! Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions. Ps. My shrimps are doing good, fingers crossed! Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Slayer213 For This Useful Post:

moscowites (28th Oct 2011)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Great to hear that! Can't wait for my shrimps. Also, any idea where to get Tylo snails? Please PM me.

Anyway, how many types of shrimps does your tank consist of? Do they breed in the presence of other species?

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Images

Congratulations on the tub! Very nice!

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi mosco, eh... I cant pm you, but you can find tylo snails at , they usually have it but most of the snails they have right now are chipped or cracked.. If you dun mind, u can head down there to check it out.

Yes, i do house different species in a tank, which i know is not a wise idea. But, so far it has worked for me... Exept harlequin... Still hoping for them to breed.. Now i have cardinal, blue leg poso, starry night, harlequin, orange tylo, yellow spotted tylo and white spotted tylo. All shrimps have bred except harlequin which has been there for 3 weeks now..

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi Slayer, I didn't get the location for where you mentioned to get the snails.. Anyways, I'm going to get my shrimp on Wednesday! Can't wait! 10 cardinals, 5 red stripes and 5 red orchids. Can you post some recent pics of your new tank?

Thread Information