Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TDS after adding Mosura Mineral Plus

Country
    Ukraine
    Thanks

Default TDS after adding Mosura Mineral Plus

I just buy Mosura Mineral Plus, and was was surpised - after adding to the 10 liters of osmosis 2 ml of Mineral Plus, as it said on http://www.assaaqua.com/mosura-shrim...r/mineral-plus, TDS becomes only 30 ppm (measured by TDS EZ), not 150 or 200. Seller said that they got it as concentrate, and then dilute. So, my question - is that real conductivity, that should be after remineralization of 10 liters osmosis?
    Tnx in advance.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by laotzu View Post
    I just buy Mosura Mineral Plus, and was was surpised - after adding to the 10 liters of osmosis 2 ml of Mineral Plus, as it said on http://www.assaaqua.com/mosura-shrim...r/mineral-plus, TDS becomes only 30 ppm (measured by TDS EZ), not 150 or 200. Seller said that they got it as concentrate, and then dilute. So, my question - is that real conductivity, that should be after remineralization of 10 liters osmosis?
    Tnx in advance.
    Just keep adding until you hit the 150 TDS mark or how ever much you want to put in, if this is the first time putting mosura in your tank this might be the case but when you do regular changes it might fix that problem...

Country
    Ukraine
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MananaP View Post
    Just keep adding until you hit the 150 TDS mark or how ever much you want to put in, if this is the first time putting mosura in your tank this might be the case but when you do regular changes it might fix that problem...
    Too strange... If Mineral Plus adds only 30 ppm (2 ml to 10 l) - conductivity will drops down with every water change even if I reach 150 ppm at first time. Am I right?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Images

Too strange... If Mineral Plus adds only 30 ppm (2 ml to 10 l) - conductivity will drops down with every water change even if I reach 150 ppm at first time. Am I right?
    That's why i go through them like crazy s. I finish a 300ml bottle fast.

countcoco

mineral plus is really meant to boost gH, not TDS. TDS and gH aren't the same thing. If you want to raise your tds, just add some aquarium plant fertilizers until you get it to the desired level.

wifi

That's logical, because you are using RO water, RO has close to 0 TDS, so when you tank is set to say TDS=100 by Mineral Plus, when you do water change, you are taking oit part of the TDS150 water and add in TDS0 water, and the result is, you will get lower then TDS150.

So next time when you do water change, you make the pail of RO water to TDS150 and change, so you will get the whole tank TDS150. Correlate TDS accordingly to your tank water GH value, sometime, TDS100 will give you GH of 4 and that is good for your shrimps, in some area/soil TDS150 will give you GH of 4.

Mineral Plus increase both GH and TDS.

Country
    Ukraine
    Thanks

Thanks to everyone for replay. But I still want to know from somebody, who use Mosura Mineral Plus, TDS value when it dosed as writen on bottle. If this amount not enough - why they write such dosage?

Senior
    Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Images

How to measure TDS?
    I'm using mosura mineral plus with ro water too...

Country
    Ukraine
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cllui View Post
    How to measure TDS?
    I'm using mosura mineral plus with ro water too...
    I am using tds meter(TDS EZ).

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by countcoco View Post
    mineral plus is really meant to boost gH, not TDS. TDS and gH aren't the same thing. If you want to raise your tds, just add some aquarium plant fertilizers until you get it to the desired level.
    I don't know if this only applies to me but i can measure my GH from my TDS hehehehe... If you tell me your TDS i can tell which GH it is or very close to almost exact GH you have just with crs tds though as i have never kept sulawesi before...

Thread Information