Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: white becomes red

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Images
    3

    Default white becomes red

    What causes the white part of crs to turn to red? (not to transparent)

  2. #2
    jojoecute
    Guest

    Default

    Hi....
    You mean it born with red ?
    Or the white part to red color when it at adult size?

    So far i only encounter white part broken after moult shell...

    Quote Originally Posted by NanoDave
    What causes the white part of crs to turn to red? (not to transparent)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Images
    3

    Default

    Yah it looks like broken, but the gab is red colour.. that part used to be a full patch of white but now look like some thin gaps of red appeared..

    Is it because of moult shell? If so means it cannot be prevented?

  4. #4
    jojoecute
    Guest

    Default

    Crs after moult shell it should recovered back the white portion, if it does not.
    It means your tank water not so good, the toxic in water attack thier soft body and never recover back..

    For Females Crs is different, once pregnent the belly portion will expend. After give birth it may or may not recovered also..

    Quote Originally Posted by NanoDave
    Yah it looks like broken, but the gab is red colour.. that part used to be a full patch of white but now look like some thin gaps of red appeared..

    Is it because of moult shell? If so means it cannot be prevented?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Images
    3

    Default

    How to remove the toxic? Water change bigger percentage? But our tap water got chloramine and flourine and bromine and some other mines... not sure whether water change will increase the toxic or decrease the toxic..

  6. #6
    jojoecute
    Guest

    Default

    This i can not answer you..
    I use to add little seachem anti chloramine into tank in every 2 days..

    To me it look better now & then after moult shell..
    I may be wrong, hope there some other expert can help on this..


    Quote Originally Posted by NanoDave
    How to remove the toxic? Water change bigger percentage? But our tap water got chloramine and flourine and bromine and some other mines... not sure whether water change will increase the toxic or decrease the toxic..

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Images
    3

    Default

    I see.. thanks..

    I use Genesis antichlorine but guess I should try another brand soon....

  8. #8
    Moderator silane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Country
    Singapore
    Location
    Eastern
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 236 Times in 192 Posts
    Images
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NanoDave
    How to remove the toxic? Water change bigger percentage? But our tap water got chloramine and flourine and bromine and some other mines... not sure whether water change will increase the toxic or decrease the toxic..

    Recently, I made WC, it caused some deaths, well the root cause is still unknown....
    Last edited by silane; 27th Oct 2005 at 04:06 AM.

  9. #9
    ice-cream
    Guest

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by jojoecute
    Crs after moult shell it should recovered back the white portion, if it does not.
    It means your tank water not so good, the toxic in water attack thier soft body and never recover back..

    For Females Crs is different, once pregnent the belly portion will expend. After give birth it may or may not recovered also..
    How to measure toxic in the water???? If the water really got toxic, i think the shrimp will not survive in the first place, let alone the colour fading away...... What i think is the gene problem and not the so call toxic in the water that affect the whiteness. I have seen pregnant crs with white that are thick and without any crack line. Crs with good white gene should retain their whiteness in the event of pregnancy. Water quality also play a big part of it.

  10. #10
    jojoecute
    Guest

    Default

    I don't know, i guess only..


    Quote Originally Posted by ice-cream
    How to measure toxic in the water???? If the water really got toxic, i think the shrimp will not survive in the first place, let alone the colour fading away...... What i think is the gene problem and not the so call toxic in the water that affect the whiteness. I have seen pregnant crs with white that are thick and without any crack line. Crs with good white gene should retain their whiteness in the event of pregnancy. Water quality also play a big part of it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First spawn Golden / White Crystal Red Shrimp
    By silane in forum My Crystal Red Shrimps and CRS Tank
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 3rd Oct 2008, 12:14 AM
  2. CRS - getting the white to look really white
    By Finley in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th Dec 2007, 08:32 PM
  3. White little dot/dots on 1st red band head area??
    By Color Me Blue in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27th May 2007, 01:28 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd Feb 2007, 03:32 AM
  5. Red, black and white of CRS and Diamond Shrimps
    By cwtan12 in forum General Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th Jan 2006, 02:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •