Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot topic: Gentics of Black King Kong and other Taiwan Bee Shrimp

Country
    Czech_Republic
    Thanks
    Images

Question Taiwan shadow family genetics

Should we discover some genetic basics of Shadow Family?
    What I have read, genetic of RR/WR/Panda/KK is quite complicated.
    Even both parents of one phenotype will not give 100% same offspring.
    Is it true? Really two WR can give black variant? Really not all offspring is "shadow"?
    Till now I thought Shadow family bread true.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

Hi gr81, we have already several threads dealing with this questions; perhaps have a closer look?

1. http://www.shrimpnow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5142
    2. http://www.shrimpnow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3410
    3. http://www.shrimpnow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4131

A new thread will make it even harder to find informations later on

Imke

Country
    Czech_Republic
    Thanks
    Images

Thanks for links,
    I read nearly every post on forum, so as I looked shortly to treads I did read them too. I think that basic question if they breed true is not answered there, but maybe I did not read carefully.
    I will read it again
    I think it was also your post at shrimp attack, where you wrote, that they do not breed true and only few of offspring is same phenotype as parents.

edit: ok, in one tread (early 2008) Silane wrote, that 90% of offspring will look like parents. So is it still so, or we moved somewhere till 2010?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

There is no conesens on TB genetics. Some say it's a mutation from CR/CB and some say it is crossbred with tiger. A few see Snow White responsible for new gentic pools or the incrossing of CR with New Bee II. (Mostly Germans sometimes make a difference between CR and so called Red Bee shrimp. They suppose that what they call high grade Red Bee are a result of incrossing of CR with New Bee II.)

When the first people got their Taiwan Bee end of 2008, they mostly had have mixed offspring - say red and black ones; sometimes Blue Bolt. But not every batch of TB had the same genetic background and after more than 12 months of selecting and breeding there should be more 'pure' lines now which have black or red only (while red is recessive, I suppose).

Clandestinely, there have been efforts of crossing TB with Tigers, but people don't like to talk about what they find out. This would be backcrossing if you belove that Tiger genes are somewhere in the Taiwan bee.

We certainly have forum members knowing more than the mod's team - but as long as they keep silent, that's a guessing game only...

P.S. I'll join the thread; hope you are okay with this.

Country
    Czech_Republic
    Thanks
    Images

thanks for info.
    In fact I'm not interested in genetic backgrounds, I only want know, if someone put together few TB (same phenotype) and if offspring will be also TB or only "TB ready".
    As I understood, there will be at least high percentage of TB.

Country
    Italy
    Thanks

I have from mine crs,new born red wine and ruby....how can I have panda-king kong?
    Thanks.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks
    Images

Well as you all know already I am interested in how to "produce" them...and produce may simply mean putting together the combination of variants that "most likely" will cause a KK/WR variant. I have bread nearly 15 white variants over the past month from my crs and cbs...all the whites are slightly different and one "appears" to have the FAINTESS hint of blue on the cheeks. I will begin to make some specific crosses to identify any type of notable result, whether producing something interesting OR simply zero results. I did find one of my cbs recently to have a very "ice" blue shade of black instead of the normal black or new brownies...I and thing of crossing this one with a female snow white and seeing if a blue bolt OR blue snow white is formed...so many crosses, SO LITTLE TIME! LOL

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sampei View Post
    I have from mine crs,new born red wine and ruby....how can I have panda-king kong?
    Thanks.
    The easiest way is to buy a black King Kong and breed them with the Reds. But red is recessive and over the time, you'll have mostly black TB.
    Last edited by imke_j; 8th May 2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: deleted a part of my post, was not sure about it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to imke_j For This Useful Post:

gourmettea (4th Feb 2011)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks

Hi Summit, I see that crs must have white-golden genes to have wine-ruby,but when mutation came, burn only wine-ruby and normal crs...Zero white-golden.
    Thank's IMKE, ok,the genetic is similar crs-cbs,right? but I no find Panda-Kong in Italy

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sampei View Post
    Hi Summit, I see that crs must have white-golden genes to have wine-ruby,but when mutation came, burn only wine-ruby and normal crs...Zero white-golden.
    Thank's IMKE, ok,the genetic is similar crs-cbs,right? but I no find Panda-Kong in Italy
    king kong born in my tank crossing rubi male with cbs female (i think), but i don't give you any kingkong .
    i put in a tank 2 rubi males 2 rubi females 2 wine male 1 wine female and 2 crs females, 2 cbs females and 2 golden females. in first generation i saw only a golden and about 50 TB and 200/300 crs and cbs. all females were reproduced.
    i thought that King kong born from Cbs female.

Thread Information