Thread: I hate "illegal" immigrant snails!

gary35111

Default I hate "illegal" immigrant snails!

Hi all,

I noticed that lately there are quite a lot of tiny miniature snails in my newly setup planted tanks. I have tried to remove them manually and although their presence has lessen, once in a while, I will have a few which will be crawling on my tank wall. I don't need these snails! Thay are irritating and I am afraid that they might spoil my eco-system. I think they or the eggs came with the plants I bought.

I want to get rid of these snails and their eggs which migrated to my tank with the plant - *I.L.L.E.G.A.L.L.Y* I didn't even pay for them! Hate them! What if they grew to be big and plant nasty. *Fuming* Wanna take them all out and torture them! Show them who is the boss! I already have my red ramshorn snail and another dunno-wat snail (I call it my 'golden-white' snail. It got white flesh and the shell tip is golden. I found him/her in my previous tank. "Illegally" immigrated with the java moss I bought for my old tank. It is kawaii cute and seems to work hard on my tank's wall. Hehe, so I keep it).

Is there a natural predator (fish or something) which I can add to my aquarium to eliminate those stupid snails without harming my CRS and bigger red ramshorn and 'golden-white' snail? And that the natural predator don't grow too big. Best the size of Otto or killies. Hmm...maybe I am asking too much. Is there such a fish around Singapore or even exist? I've got 5 CRS, 2 cherry, 1 Otto, 1 red ramshorn snail and 1 dunno-wat "golden-white" snail in my tank

Gary

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

There's such a fish.. dwarf puffer. Unfortunately not shrimp safe.

The golden white snail is probably apple snail..

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Images

well ghost shrimps will eat snail eggs..but the alrdy born ones will is another question, like nanodave said, dwarf puffer is one..but it all depends on how small the snails are and they are not shrimp friendly..

Shrimper
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

The snails are quite harmless, except being unslightly and contribute to the total bioload. I used to remove them manually and now i got used to them i just ignore them so long as they dont cover each inch of the tank glass .

Plant nasty? Hmm mine looks ok. They dont really like to eat the moss and mini pellia. My tank consist of 50% taiwan moss, 30 % japonica and 10% H.C and 10 % mini pellia.
    Regards,
    Sim

Thread Information