Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Tylomelania protrait.

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

Default Yellow Tylomelania protrait.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xema For This Useful Post:

maxgl68 (13th Nov 2011), myles (16th Apr 2011)

d2sign

look like an alien. What is the size like?

Country
    United_States
    Thanks
    Images

Looks like a yellow elephant. Nice.

Eyal_A

Quote Originally Posted by dxiong5 View Post

I thought so too (especially the fist picture )

AMAZING PICTURES BTW !!

AEWHistory

Quote Originally Posted by d2sign View Post
    look like an alien. What is the size like?
    30,000 lbs.... Really!

No, just kidding..... that would be one helluva snail. Can you imagine the escargot the French would make?

But seriously, I absolutely love these snails. I've got half a dozen of these arriving tomorrow or thereabouts, along with some other Tylomelanias. They're beautiful snails, but not always that active. Of course, I'm still learning to keep them myself, so perhaps I've not refined their enviro. enough yet.

-Aaron

edinjapan

Quote Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
    30,000 lbs.... Really!

No, just kidding..... that would be one helluva snail. Can you imagine the escargot the French would make?

But seriously, I absolutely love these snails. I've got half a dozen of these arriving tomorrow or thereabouts, along with some other Tylomelanias. They're beautiful snails, but not always that active. Of course, I'm still learning to keep them myself, so perhaps I've not refined their enviro. enough yet.

-Aaron
    Who did you get them from? I'm in Japan where they still haven't discovered these beauties yet and have been in contact with a few sources in KL and Singapore. Unfortunately, the minimum order is from 3-5 boxes. If anyone has contacts in Malaysia or Indonesia who will ship in smaller quantities I'd be most appreciative.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dxiong5 View Post
    that's what I thought ^^

AEWHistory

Quote Originally Posted by edinjapan View Post
    Who did you get them from? I'm in Japan where they still haven't discovered these beauties yet and have been in contact with a few sources in KL and Singapore. Unfortunately, the minimum order is from 3-5 boxes. If anyone has contacts in Malaysia or Indonesia who will ship in smaller quantities I'd be most appreciative.

So far I've been buying from InvertzFactory.com and they've been really great, but they're here in the USA. There is at least one or two other American sellers and one in the Netherlands with which I am familiar. Europe has a few EU only sellers, and perhaps many more. As to the Far East, I am totally ignorant, but I know someone who might be able to help. He goes by the handle "Arakkis" and he also sells these snails, along with Nerites and some other hard to find animals. He's a very nice guy to deal with and seems to be very knowledgeable on the marketplace that currently exists for these animals. He might be on this board, but if not, he is on Planted Tank, Aquatic Plant Central, Aquabid, and probably a few other places where i haunt occasionally as well. He might be able to give you some leads, but then again he might not wish to divulge his sources for these animals, which is also understandable.

I wish I could be more helpful. I could try hooking you up with my man in the Netherlands, but given the very high mortality rate I've experienced (29 out of 30 dead and we're working on a replacement shipment with improved methods....) I'd hold off.

-Aaron

AEWHistory

Oh, just to add to my original post, in addition to the snails I mentioned in that post, I've had others arrive. All together, I've got around forty Sulawesi/Tylomelania snails of different varieties, and many of these have now given birth. However, these were wild pregnancies, so I'm not yet confident that these little guys are actually procreating. Still, I'm holding out hope and, in the meantime, I'd like to get some more and begin a breeding colony.

-Aaron

edinjapan

Quote Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
    So far I've been buying from InvertzFactory.com and they've been really great, but they're here in the USA. There is at least one or two other American sellers and one in the Netherlands with which I am familiar. Europe has a few EU only sellers, and perhaps many more. As to the Far East, I am totally ignorant, but I know someone who might be able to help. He goes by the handle "Arakkis" and he also sells these snails, along with Nerites and some other hard to find animals. He's a very nice guy to deal with and seems to be very knowledgeable on the marketplace that currently exists for these animals. He might be on this board, but if not, he is on Planted Tank, Aquatic Plant Central, Aquabid, and probably a few other places where i haunt occasionally as well. He might be able to give you some leads, but then again he might not wish to divulge his sources for these animals, which is also understandable.

I wish I could be more helpful. I could try hooking you up with my man in the Netherlands, but given the very high mortality rate I've experienced (29 out of 30 dead and we're working on a replacement shipment with improved methods....) I'd hold off.

-Aaron
    I was just got an email from Harro and he said it's too cold to ship from Europe. They've got 20-30cm of snow.

Thread Information