Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Red Shrimps and Temperature

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin tan
    Thank you. Give me an idea the cost of a new or used and for what size tank?
    Best Regards
    Kelvin Tan
    I am using a second hand Teco chiller that has a larger capacity than the two feet tank I am using it for. My advice is to get either Teco or Arctica brand (the China brands one last two years at most) and get one with a larger capacity (the performance of the chiller deterioriates with the years). The second hand ones are also quite value for money.

BaLuKu

Wow there are so many many SG bros. I am just recently addicted to CRs too. heee

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Well, the bad news is my son adjusted my heater controller yesterday morning while I was flying home from Japan. When I got home the tank temperature was measured at 99.5F. I didn't lose any cherry shrimp, but did lose 4 CRS (one pregnant ). I used fans to bring the temperature back down to 75F over the course of about 3 hours. I figured that was better than multiple 50% water changes that would drop the temperature in minutes.
    --Mike

BaLuKu

that was indeed sad

discusdubai

I've learned a lot from this topic.. Keep them coming pls..=)

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

I too have learned a great deal from this discussion. Right now I have only Red Cherry Shrimps. So far everything is going well--many berried females and some babies! I do plan on moving into the Crystal Red Shrimp and have seen some wonderful pictures here. I like the ones with the white heads best. Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge!

Country
    United_States
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ICU-Mailman View Post
    I too have learned a great deal from this discussion. Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge!
    Agreed. I plan on keeping my Golden Crystal Shrimp at 70F (21C). I will let you guys know how it goes.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks

Just curious has anyone used the Resun Mini-200 chiller before? If yes, how us the power consumption/noise etc. Im planning to get this for my 2gal Nano tank with an option for future upgrade. Any feedback is much appreciated

P/S: I wanted to post the URL in Ebay but was restricted since im a newbie

echo

wow this thread is really useful and i learned alot...just a question on temperature shock, is a 2-3degrees difference can be called a temp shock for the shrimps?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

interesting reading this thread as im looking to keep some red bee's, and hopefully breed. i read alot of you guys saying "you cant breed them without a chiller" but is that just because where you live is rather warm? we had one of the hottest days we will probly have here in the last few weeks and my shrimp tank (still cycleing) climbed to a max 23' (outside temp was about 27). i have a heater set to 20' , and even on a warm day like today (17' outside) my tanks at 21'. the reason i have the heater set to 20' is because i thought it would be better for the shrimp, if the temp wasnt bounceing up and down so much. on a normall day its only going to go from 20' to 21' if that. and if im honest, its probly my PC being on in the room thats creating that rise.

so i think im asking the same as echo, is 1' or a few degrees over a day going to shock them that much?
    hopefully the crapy UK weather and climate might actuly help me out

Thread Information