Thread: So no one can breed Sulawesi shrimp in captivity ?

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks

Default So no one can breed Sulawesi shrimp in captivity ?

You guys just keep the berry female and waiting for it to hatch but didnít actually make they propagate themselves in your tank, isnít ?

So I am wondering about possibility of breeding it, not just hatching it.

We live in Thailand which the weather and temperature was so close with South East Sulawesi Island and my friend doing so well with breeding Mosura CRS, Are we have any chance of breeding Sulawesi Shrimp?

And how about breeding the shrimp which first hatch in captivity make it to be the second generation of the wild caught one? , maybe they change themselves a little bit to match their new habitat and environments ,I suppose.

This species was quite new for us here in Thailand, just arrived 3mounts ago and as I knew no one ever successfully breeding, Spogicola die so much during a first week Blue Dot or whatever the name is are less sensitive and seems to be the easiest to keep. They selling them about 5-8$

Regards
    Map&Gem

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

I think the sentence able to breed Sulawesi shrimps is too broad term. It is like saying "I am able to breed Amanzon fishes".

Back to able to breed Sulawesi shrimp in captivity? I think only for a few species. Look at Xema's thread, he is able to get 2 species to get F2. Another one is Blue Dots or also known as Caridinal, the it one of the hardiest but also has significant level of death when introduce into the tank. I am able to get some F2 from this species.

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks

Thank you so much for such a knowledgeable replied.

I heard about you before in Thailand CRS Community and amazing every time I saw your avatar, can I have that picture in hi-resolution one ? If it wasn’t too difficult for you or if it has some kind of complicate issue that I understand don’t sent it to me I can enjoy with that little picture.

Actually, I don’t know how this kind of shrimp has been called officially so I calling stupidly like you saw above.

By the way, What is F2 ? 2nd Generation?

Ps. Enjoy F1 at Marina Bay

Regards
    Map&Gem

Thread Information