Thread: will a HOB filter with surface skimmer suck up shrimplets?

gros21

Default will a HOB filter with surface skimmer suck up shrimplets?

Ok, I bought a cheap HOB filter. It has a normal intake, a T-piece and a surface skimmer. It's 600Lph. Will shrimplets get sucked in the top of it?

The tank also has an Eheim 2217, but eventhough it's rated for 600L, I'm concerned it's running way lower than that due to my DIY CO2 reactor that's in-line and because it has to suck through a sponge now.

Tank is 132gal or 500L, 8x54w worth of T5HO lighting, co2 from cylinder (few bubbles per sec), 12ml of PPMD daily.
    planted but not over crowded
    Last edited by TitoC; 14th May 2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: USE PUNCTUATION AND SPELL CHECK! you are p**sing off some administrators who will kick you off the forum...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Images

If it's a filter something like this your reffering to, then yes, it is possible some baby shrimp will be sucked in, but I seriously doubt it will happen often enough for you to notice it.
    The surface skimmers you attach to the inputs of big external filters could suck in tonnes of shrimp, but these small ones are far less effective so dont worry about it too much .

gros21

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/c...D=3055&catID=4

this is the one im talking about, its pretty much same thing.

works well but no shrimp in tank yet

Thread Information