Thread: New Member: Breeding

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Default New Member: Breeding

Hi, I am new to this forum. I've had my CRS for about a month and i have not seen any berried CRS. I received some as juvies but some were older and now they seem to have matured. Any idea why? Maybe im just to excited and should give it more time? Also how do you guys keep track of your shrimps? Seems like my population doesn't seem to increase. I keep CRS and RCS together and it seems the same and sometimes less, but I constantly see berried RCS.

Regular
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks

One thing that has really helped me breed CRS is monitoring water.
    The tank should be atleast 10 gallons - which creates a much more stable water conditions.

Temp 23-25 degrees celcius
    Ph 6.7-6.9 after i used JBL peat tormec to decrease my ph gh and kh there were much more berried shrimp they regained their colour and i actually have shrimplets now.
    there should also be zero ammonia

btw patience goes along way, i have been waiting months and months for them to breed i had many berried shrimps but they usually dropped their eggs

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

My PH is alittle on the higher side around 7.4-7.5? Not sure why it increased by .2 it used to be around the 7.1 and 7.2 range due to the diy co2. (what could have caused it to raise again?) My tank is a 20gal long. w/ an aquaclear 50 with a sponge over the intake. Azoo sponge filter with a rena200 air pump. My lighting is a little on the low side i have a 2x18 t5 coralife fixture.

Regular
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Your ph could possibly be the problem, they also need some hiding spots do you have driftwood in your tank, this can help lower the ph and provide some hiding spots for the shrimp.

you could buy some peat, it's not that expensive and lowers ph kh and gh which could also be some factors to why they aren't breeding.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

No, I don't have any driftwood in my tank because i want an iwugami type layout. I have only Pagoda Rocks in my tank and its an all shrimp tank. My ph went down before but then it went back up, any idea to what caused this? where can i buy peat?

Regular
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks

ah ok well im in australia and i bought it online.
    You can find it at the LFS i believe or online.
    no idea what would have caused the fluctuations might be the co2?

Thread Information