Thread: Yet Another Crystal Red Shrimp ?

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Default Yet Another Crystal Red Shrimp ?

My friend got this red specimen from her batch of normal new bee/bee shrimp:

A normal new bee/bee shrimp:

Is this the starting of Crystal Red Shrimp II ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to silane For This Useful Post:

myles (3rd May 2011)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Wow, pregnant as well!

Hmm, does look like a CRS to me, but i experience the same thing as well before. I got a batch of bees with one that is red/white! Too bad it died. But I kind of noted the reddish part on them are not as concentrated. The whitish part is also quite transperant. But looking at colours seem to be a very poor gauging tool. So fruitpie what is your personal view?
    - LaLaLa~!!

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    Wow, pregnant as well!

Hmm, does look like a CRS to me, but i experience the same thing as well before. I got a batch of bees with one that is red/white! Too bad it died. But I kind of noted the reddish part on them are not as concentrated. The whitish part is also quite transperant. But looking at colours seem to be a very poor gauging tool. So fruitpie what is your personal view?
    My personal view...... It is quite common to see some form of color change in pregnant shrimp, in some case, black can turn brown or reddish brown, and white become thinner, this maybe the case. But there is a possibility that it is showing the recessive red like a CRS.
    Last edited by silane; 15th May 2005 at 03:28 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Wow I didn't know the colour change can be that big! From black to red is amazing! Thanks for sharing, learnt something new again.
    - LaLaLa~!!

Lobsterman

Quote Originally Posted by fruitpie
    My personal view...... It is quite common to see some form of color change in pregnant shrimp, in some case, black can turn brown or reddish brown, and white become thinner, this maybe the case. But there is a possibility that it is showing the recessive red like a CRS.
    Like what you said, it could really be the reccessive genes. Perhaps I should start getting some bees to try out first. Currently only into Cherries, yet to take the plunge.

Class 66

Hi fruitpie,

Would like to make a confirmation, does that means that if I purchase some bee from the LFS, I would stand a chance to get some CRS from mutation in the future generation?
    I went to a LFS recently, I also notice some of the bee actually have certain resemblance to the CRS, except the colouring are much lighter and almost unnoticable. Considering the pricing is so much difference, should worth a try if it's true
    Same as lobsterman, I still dare not go into CRS.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Class 66,

Crystal Red Shrimps were derived from a small of red speciment that were found among the diamond/bee shrimp, so by choosing red new bee/bee shrimp to breed them to produce red offsprings is not an obscure idea. From what I see the challenge is to keep bee/bee shrimp alive and to find true red speciments (not loss of black due to enviromental factors).
    Last edited by silane; 16th May 2005 at 10:57 AM.

Class 66

Quote Originally Posted by fruitpie
    Class 66,

Crystal Red Shrimps were derived from a small of red speciment that were found among the diamond/bee shrimp, so by choosing red new bee/bee shrimp to breed them to produce red offsprings is not an obscure idea. From what I see the challenge is to keep bee/bee shrimp alive and to find true red speciments (not loss of black due to enviromental factors).

Guess I can start keeping Bee first, in this way, I can learn how to handle those more demanding species and secondly, hopefully can get some mutation from the Bee shrimps....

Thread Information