Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sulawesi Shrimps

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Default Sulawesi Shrimps

Hello all , I ha notice this new shrimps in some of Singapore aquarium shops recently. I heard from the the seller that these shrimps need higher Ph and they dont really need cold water like CRS. Did anyone here try to keep them yet? What is the different between CRS and Sulawesi Shrimps?

DragonLor

Hi I Shrimp,

I am interest to keep some.
    how much the shrimp price at singapore?
    how many types of shrimp that the Singapore LFS have?

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi there, i didnt really ask them about the price. And they carry a few different types of shrimp. I m trying to find out more about Sulawesi Shrimps before i start to keep them.

Senior
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Sigh, I actually was wishing that I wouldn't see these new shrimps in any of the LFS here because I haven't got space in the house for any more tanks!!!!!! Haven't seen any myself but from what I read so far, they need temperatures above 28C(hooray!!!!) and pH about 8 (which can be acheive with some coral sand in the filter) and soft water. Sounds theoretically easier to keep than CRS, anyone out there in Singapore who has reared them? Please share!!!
    Last edited by Robert; 27th Feb 2008 at 08:02 AM. Reason: bad orthography

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi milt, i saw them in one of the aquarium shop here in SG. The shop owner have yet sell any of those shrimps for what i know. He told me that no one dare try keeeping them. Ha ha... I guess sporeans are careful. So hope someone can share their experience with us here. Thanks.........

Senior
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

I was just thinking if we filter coral sand to get higher pH, will the coral sand cause the water to be hard too? Will coral sand give us soft alkaline water or hard alkaline water?

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Hi milt, are you preparing to keep those shrimps already? So you are setting up a new tank now? ha ha...

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

I have get to know something about Sulawesi Shrimps from a friend from indonesia who have keep them for awhile now. He has CRS in another tank. He told me that to keep these shrimps, it's much more easy then to keep CRS. But you need to get the water right. I don't know is it the truth about it. So that means there is no way to keep them in the same tank as the CRS.

Senior
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

No , CRS has been keeping me very occupied and I have not even gone on to higher grades yet..... Was just trying to learn more about the sulawesi shrimps but it won't be anytime soon.....

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I shrimp View Post
    I have get to know something about Sulawesi Shrimps from a friend from indonesia who have keep them for awhile now. He has CRS in another tank. He told me that to keep these shrimps, it's much more easy then to keep CRS. But you need to get the water right. I don't know is it the truth about it. So that means there is no way to keep them in the same tank as the CRS.
    Yes, you can not keep Sulawesi shrimp and CRS in same tank. Because of the Sulawesi need hight PH level than CRS. I separated breeder tanks of Sulawesi and the hight lavel grade of CRS

Thread Information