Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CRS breeding+fish?

Country
    Norway
    Thanks

Default CRS breeding+fish?

Hi!

I recently started with CRS shrimps and love the little creatures. I had 5, and bought another 20 this week. They seem to be doing fine, even though I never see as many as 25 at once, but as far as I have been able to understand I can expect that since they hide very well.

My question: The day I got the new shrimps (tuesday) I saw that one of my old ones had eggs. I havent seen any shrimp with eggs since that day. I have 12 guppies in the aquarium and 2 adult ancistrus. Is it true that there is no way to breed shrimps if there is fish in the tank? Will all babies be eaten by my fish? I really want to breed on these, but I dont know if this is possible with the fishes I have in the tank. I am wondering if my female with eggs might have released babies but that they have been eaten?

Here's a picture of the tank. It's 120 liters. Sorry for the horrible quality, my camera died the other day so this is a cellphone picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mazter For This Useful Post:

myles (25th Apr 2011)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

shrimp are natural food for fish, period. my babies shrimp will not come out when i got platty in the tank. i just release all the platties, can see more babies and few days ago i think there was a mass orgie

Country
    Norway
    Thanks

So guppies means no shrimplets or does it just mean they will hide in the javamoss and still grow up? (I'm planning to get more moss so they will have a huge area to hide in)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

you mean alot of moss like mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to white_sea For This Useful Post:

myles (25th Apr 2011)

Country
    Norway
    Thanks

Wow, that looks nice No I dont have that much, it has to grow some first But I have moss coming in the mail soon, so half the aquarium will be nicely covered atleast.

Country
    Norway
    Thanks

That must be some very happy shrimps btw

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

i got 4 or 5 type, mini xmoss, flame, peacock,anchor and another dont know what name moss, frissisden but all mix up till i also dont know which is which, very messy actually if you look close enough. but i est should have about 50 crs or so in side.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

sometimes my crs just disappeared so don't assume they are still around if your tank is as big as 4ft with lots of planty
    i try to always feed them at constant feeding ground and start to count those that comes out from their hideout place.

Country
    Norway
    Thanks

They are all still around They just very much enjoy crawling in and around all the little cracks in the wood. In other words, theyre good at hiding.
    I have 2 females with eggs now. One of them has her little hiding place at a special spot under the wood and comes out once in a while, the other one is less shy and I havent seen yet a certain place she keeps at.

Feeding them to make them come out doesnt work that easily in a tank with guppies Fishes eat first, then the shrimps eats the leftovers whenever they feel like it.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Please keep updating with your progress!

I just started a 12 gallon with 3 guppies in it, hoping to breed them a bit. Now I also would like to add cherry red shrimp to breed, but I am worried that the guppies will eat all the baby shrimp.

Hopefully if I make an area that the guppies cannot get to, the CRS can grow in there until they are big enough to survive with the guppies.

Thread Information