Thread: Observation: CRS and BDS like to perch on the tubing comming from chiller

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Default Observation: CRS and BDS like to perch on the tubing comming from chiller

Hey all,

I have a new community tank with CRS, BDS and Sakura Cherry Shrimps which has already been cycled for a month or so. I realised that the CRS and BDS like to cluster themselves and hang on to the tubing comming from the chiller into the tank for some reason.

However the Sakura Cherry Shrimps prefer to stay at the bottom grazing around the moss.

Do they like to perch on things that are cooler in temperature? Temperature is maintained around 23-24 with a chiller.

Senior
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

There are 2 factors at play at the outlet, firstly the cooler temperatures, secondly the water current.... Sometimes I see my CRS lingering around the water current from my hanging filter and sometimes swimming against it, they are not sick or anything, just playing around..... Anyone else has such experience?

Acetone

Same for me... my guys like to sit on the spray bar where water flow is strong

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

Hello,

I think that when the shrimps are not ok with the water conditions they do thinks like this:

es.youtube.com/watch?v=0s68CF-EbzU

Those are my Super Tiger shrimps when they just arrived from a very long travel.

BYE!

Thread Information