Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: CRS breeding temperature..

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default CRS breeding temperature..

    I heard many of the expert said that the best temperature for CRS to breed is 25C.. However, i found that my CRS eggs has been hatch to bb shrimps although my water temperature is 28-29C..

    Is that a possibility that the CRS has been adapted to this environment? so that they could breed under this "warm" temp..

  2. #2
    bochr
    Guest

    Default

    Have you tried to doublecheck the temperature with more than one thermometer?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Nope... but i dont think that my tank temp is lower than 27C...

  4. #4
    Moderator silane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Country
    Singapore
    Location
    Eastern
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 236 Times in 192 Posts
    Images
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I heard many of the expert said that the best temperature for CRS to breed is 25C.. However, i found that my CRS eggs has been hatch to bb shrimps although my water temperature is 28-29C..

    Is that a possibility that the CRS has been adapted to this environment? so that they could breed under this "warm" temp..
    What grade is it? And how many fries per spawn? All these tie to the temperature.

  5. #5
    Member Sheng_Ge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silane View Post
    What grade is it? And how many fries per spawn? All these tie to the temperature.
    Hi, can you share with us how are the shrimp's grade, number of shrimplets correlated to the temperature of the water?
    My tank housing grade C with a temperature of 26C have extremely high infant mortality rate. Is this due to the temperature?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    grade C...so far only found 4-5 offsprings.. maybe got somemore died already..

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Location
    Purmerend, Holland
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 19 Posts
    Images
    8

    Default

    I have also the C-grade in a tank 60*30*30 and temperature of this tank...23,4C and a many female CRS with eggs...and I have a lot of young shrimplets

  8. #8
    Moderator silane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Country
    Singapore
    Location
    Eastern
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 236 Times in 192 Posts
    Images
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheng_Ge View Post
    Hi, can you share with us how are the shrimp's grade, number of shrimplets correlated to the temperature of the water?
    My tank housing grade C with a temperature of 26C have extremely high infant mortality rate. Is this due to the temperature?
    It is known to have problem with sprawn rate if the temperature is high. For optimal, 25C is the best, some people bring at 26C. For some countries that do not need to pay for chiller, 22C will do well. Anything higher then 27C is bad. This is a bit generalising, it also depend on the grade, the higher the grade, need cooler temperature.

  9. #9
    Moderator silane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Country
    Singapore
    Location
    Eastern
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 236 Times in 192 Posts
    Images
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    grade C...so far only found 4-5 offsprings.. maybe got somemore died already..
    Maybe your water quality plays a part too, higher temperature affects the water quality.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Temperature and breeding
    By Caridina in forum General Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st Mar 2007, 02:58 PM
  2. CRS and temperature
    By mitul in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 9th Jan 2007, 03:33 AM
  3. Breeding CRS questions
    By billionzz in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 1st Sep 2006, 10:52 AM
  4. CRS Breeding Information?
    By Robin in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 6th Mar 2006, 01:11 AM
  5. breeding temperature
    By ArcheNova in forum Water Conditioning and Management
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th Jun 2005, 01:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •