Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird crystal red shrimp Death

Regular
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Calcium can be added by Calciummontmorillionit. Its in the Most Koi-Mineral powders.
    Has anyone tried using this or any other kind of calcium source? Preferably anyone who have a similar problem uses this... If not i guess i might be the first to try this (lab mice)....

Country
    Germany
    Thanks

I am using it for a long time. I got it from a german Breeder and i add a fingertip of it every 2 days. Had no Problems with dying shrimps and they had no Problems with moulting.

REFINE is a Calcium Montmorrilionit. U could ask in a Koi-Shop.

Rgds Dario

Regular
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I am using it for a long time. I got it from a german Breeder and i add a fingertip of it every 2 days. Had no Problems with dying shrimps and they had no Problems with moulting.

REFINE is a Calcium Montmorrilionit. U could ask in a Koi-Shop.

Rgds Dario
    Hi Dario,

Thanks for the wonderful information. Can I check with you how big is your shrimp tank?

Senior
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Images

Well ,
    i notice you start with some assumption who is not always true
    (babies are more vulnerable)
    sometime you will found that not really true.
    Baby are more robust at some point and depend against what.
    Baby are definitively more adaptiv than adult.

example : on my tiger , i lost all my starting colony (15 shrimp of unknow age, i bougth them adult), but they left some gift for me , i cannot even see them , thank god i did not empty the tank, now i have a full colony and i did not biuy any more shirmp
    the bay survive and breed and all my colony is , i think , completly adapt to my water condition.

Also without test (even with them sometime) , it is a bit difficult to determine why shrimp died, but i see some good direction to follow, you mention that most of the die happen after molting.
    molting is an extremely sensitive operation for a shrimp , to molt shimp put water undu the actual exuviaeto open it , at this point any toxic subtance in your water who usually dont affect the shrimp will have more impact.

just my opinion , i van be totally wrong

Regular
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zapisto View Post
    Well ,
    i notice you start with some assumption who is not always true

sometime you will found that not really true.
    Baby are more robust at some point and depend against what.
    Baby are definitively more adaptiv than adult.

example : on my tiger , i lost all my starting colony (15 shrimp of unknow age, i bougth them adult), but they left some gift for me , i cannot even see them , thank god i did not empty the tank, now i have a full colony and i did not biuy any more shirmp
    the bay survive and breed and all my colony is , i think , completly adapt to my water condition.

Also without test (even with them sometime) , it is a bit difficult to determine why shrimp died, but i see some good direction to follow, you mention that most of the die happen after molting.
    molting is an extremely sensitive operation for a shrimp , to molt shimp put water undu the actual exuviaeto open it , at this point any toxic subtance in your water who usually dont affect the shrimp will have more impact.

just my opinion , i van be totally wrong

Oh ok thanks for information. I understand where you are coming at.

astrogalaxy

Same thing happen to me. My adult shrimps (cherry) died and baby survive ??? I also don't know why but whenever I see 1 shrimp die and the next day 1 more died, I will change 30% of the water and clean the filters. It did help the shrimps last longer but it eventually was all wipe out ......

Regular
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by astrogalaxy View Post
    Same thing happen to me. My adult shrimps (cherry) died and baby survive ??? I also don't know why but whenever I see 1 shrimp die and the next day 1 more died, I will change 30% of the water and clean the filters. It did help the shrimps last longer but it eventually was all wipe out ......
    Haiz i cannot be of any help, as i just finish the whole phase (all adult gone). I am waiting to see if my shrimplets die (with the same condition, but frequent water change of about 10% every 3 days). I had also changed from a hangover filter to a eden 501 filter (with 1 bag of Azoo glass ring). Hope this will help them survive.

Currently after the last adult died, i do not have any shrimplets dying on me (about 4 days).

If there are any improvement on the condition, I will let you know.

Thread Information