Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CRS and Black Diamonds

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Hi Matteo, The Crystal Reds that you see mixed with the Diamonds were not intentionaly introduced into the Diamond's tank, but are offspring of the Diamond's breeding group. The ratio of Crystal Red shrimplets produced in comparison to Diamond shrimplets are a very small percentage.
    great!!!!!!!!

intersting thing....
    i said to you these words because i'm plannig to fill a 50 liters tank with some red crystal (12) and 7 bee (diamond)...At this time i am always full of dubt about the mixing.....

what i have to do in your opinion?

Regular
    Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Matteo, if your intent is just to have a nice dissplay of a planted tank with beautiful shrimp, then go ahead and mix them. On the other hand, if your purpose is to breed quality CRS and are concerened about haphazard breeding results....then don't mix them and instead incorporate a breeding program with rigid selection and culling to acheive your ideals.

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Matteo, if your intent is just to have a nice dissplay of a planted tank with beautiful shrimp, then go ahead and mix them. On the other hand, if your purpose is to breed quality CRS and are concerened about haphazard breeding results....then don't mix them and instead incorporate a breeding program with rigid selection and culling to acheive your ideals.
    right, for now my intent is the first....i dont have the time to make a breeding program))
    When i start to see too many black instead red i will start to take the black to restabilize a right ratio....it's a good idea no?

bye

ps how much did you paid your shrimps???Here in europe we can find only until grade A, the grade S, SS andd other are only a dream (i dont know how much they cost were you liver)

ciao

Regular
    Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattegm View Post
    right, for now my intent is the first....i dont have the time to make a breeding program))
    When i start to see too many black instead red i will start to take the black to restabilize a right ratio....it's a good idea no?

bye

ps how much did you paid your shrimps???Here in europe we can find only until grade A, the grade S, SS andd other are only a dream (i dont know how much they cost were you liver)

ciao
    ...Dreams can only become a reality when they're acted on... so as a "Shrimp Nut", my initial expenditures were very costly considering they are just shrimp with with short life spans, but the enjoyments received and challenges of breeding them are priceless...

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks
    Images

Very good looking shrimps, and I like your aquarium very much. The plants looks so good.

Regular
    Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Thanks Sonja, I love your macro shots of your shrimps....I wish I could take as nice pictures as you do.

Thread Information