Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brown crystal red shrimp

Fish Newb

Hey Silane, I just bought 20 black diamonds from a breeder in California, and when I received them I noticed some of them are brown as well... It's like 50% of my 20. He said that all the shrimp sent where culls from his ss, and sss tank?

One of them has a weird pattern it's like a hinumaru but one half is a V band? Ever see a shrimp like that? I also have some with no entry signs and tiger tooths... Never seen it before I got them. I'll try to get some pictures tonight but they probably won't be too good...

They're all in a 10g tank.

-Andrew

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

Few months ago I bought few black and white grade A. I added into the tank few red males. I could notice one of the black and white had few red marking in its body.

(See in the head there is a red line)

I got many red offspring, so itīs could be a sign of they have the red genes.
    The fact is I have many new offspring with brown body, if you take a close view of this shrimplets you can see the colour is the result of different dots, red and blacks. I will try to take a picture, but is quite difficult.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Xema For This Useful Post:

myles (23rd Apr 2011)

gigahertz

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Newb View Post
    Hey Silane, I just bought 20 black diamonds from a breeder in California, and when I received them I noticed some of them are brown as well... It's like 50% of my 20. He said that all the shrimp sent where culls from his ss, and sss tank?

One of them has a weird pattern it's like a hinumaru but one half is a V band? Ever see a shrimp like that? I also have some with no entry signs and tiger tooths... Never seen it before I got them. I'll try to get some pictures tonight but they probably won't be too good...

-Andrew
    Please take some photos!

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Newb View Post

-Andrew
    It seems that for mid to high grade CRS, in range of S+, SS and SSS, it is easily to produce brown CRS. For low grade like S and below, the black is still black.

One sided hino is not uncommon, they often come with V-band or tiger tooth at the other side.

The no-entry as to mentioned should be called one-line, a no-entry size is a circle (hinomaru) + one line.

Should us some pic.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Xema View Post
    Few months ago I bought few black and white grade A. I added into the tank few red males. I could notice one of the black and white had few red marking in its body.

(See in the head there is a red line)

I got many red offspring, so itīs could be a sign of they have the red genes.
    The fact is I have many new offspring with brown body, if you take a close view of this shrimplets you can see the colour is the result of different dots, red and blacks. I will try to take a picture, but is quite difficult.
    Hi Xema,

The tail is unusual red, look like this piece has good red and black genes.

bsmith782

is there any place to find crs grading scale with photos. and also an explination of hino, v-band, tiger tooth and so on.
    i read all these terms it confuses me.

B

Fish Newb

Quote Originally Posted by gigahertz View Post
    Please take some photos!
    I don't have a good camera but I will try, They're in a 10g so they can't really hide. It's got a very open scape.

Quote Originally Posted by silane View Post
    It seems that for mid to high grade CRS, in range of S+, SS and SSS, it is easily to produce brown CRS. For low grade like S and below, the black is still black.

One sided hino is not uncommon, they often come with V-band or tiger tooth at the other side.

The no-entry as to mentioned should be called one-line, a no-entry size is a circle (hinomaru) + one line.

Should us some pic.
    Thats what I've noticed as well (brown wise) I am so far thinking that the pigments are very good at the SS+ range and its more common to have both black and reds but seems that most brown Crystals are a bit more transparent? Referring to the brown band, not the white band. Maybe more breeding will produce deeper brown? I think it may also be a lighter black, opposed to a completely different color, just a variation of the colors.

Its nice to know it's not too uncommon, I just hadn't seen many of them before. I think I may have seen one from a video you took of one of your shrimp, and that was it.

As for the no entry sign, I had never seen it with out the hinu so I didn't know what to call it. Does that mean you have say a 5 stripe shrimp opposed to a no entry sign, and then you probably won't have the no entry signs but more white as they breed to higher grade? I assume it carries the Genes for the hinu maru pattern, but it just luck?

I'll try to get some pictures tonight, but without a good camera and a nice macro lens it isn't easy whatsoever... May try and use a magnifying glass

-Andrew

Thread Information