Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it possible to breed in a bare 10 gallon?

Country
    United_States
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zebrapl3co View Post
    For a starter, I would've said the same thing that Kenshin sugested. Using a sponge from another tank is one of the oldest and still the best method of cycling a tank. Why? because the spong is where all the bacteria lives. When you move that sponge from the old tank to the new tank. You already have a fully cycled tank. And it looks like you did something similar. Once you did that, you don't need plants to help cycle your tank.
    You can't be serious... a fully cycled tank just by using a sponge from an already fully cycled tank? I highly doubt it. You might have a fully mature sponge filter full of bacteria, but the tank will still go through the entire tank cycling process... A smaller tank will certainly cycle faster, but adding a small sponge filter will not instantly make a 60G tank fully cycled. I believe you are the one misinformed. This is quite possibly one of the most nonsensical things I've ever read.

Regular
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by retardo View Post
    You can't be serious... a fully cycled tank just by using a sponge from an already fully cycled tank? I highly doubt it. You might have a fully mature sponge filter full of bacteria, but the tank will still go through the entire tank cycling process... A smaller tank will certainly cycle faster, but adding a small sponge filter will not instantly make a 60G tank fully cycled. I believe you are the one misinformed. This is quite possibly one of the most nonsensical things I've ever read.
    Edit: I deleted the stuff I post. Instead of inflaming this thread. I'll just say.
    "No kidding bud, it's true. But I would use a bit of common sense about sticking a small sponge that couldn't handle the bioload of a 60G into a 60G tank though. I don't know why anybody would do that."

Thread Information