Thread: colour intensity breeding

Barra21

Default colour intensity breeding

Hi all,

have a question about breeding. ok. Lets say, i have an SS grade male crs but the colour is not strong and has many cracks in the white showing the translucent parts. If this piece is mixed with strong colour lower grades like say S or A, will the offspring reflect the crack colours or the lack of intensity? or will it be a mix of strong colour low grades, strong colour high grades and low colour high and low grades. should i take him out of the tank to prevent him passing crack white genes to the strong colour lower grade pool? Thanks.
    Last edited by Robert; 11th Mar 2007 at 06:29 PM.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Barra21 View Post
    Hi all,

have a question abt breeding. ok. Lets say, i have an SS grade male crs but the colour is not strong and has many cracks in the white showing the translucent parts. If this piece is mixed with strong colour lower grades like say S or A, will the offspring reflect the crack colours or the lack of intensity? or will it be a mix of strong colour low grades, strong colour high grades and low colour high and low grades. should i take him out of the tank to prevent him passing crack white genes to the strong colour lower grade pool? Thanks.
    There is no quick answer, in short, use the best to breed with the best of what you can see, if you want pattern, use the best pattern to breed with best pattern, if you want color, use the best color to breed with best color. If you want good color with good pattern, use a piece that has good pattern and other that has good color, and hope in F2, you can get subtainable number of good pattern and color. And an unknown factor is, the SS may have color ran, its genes could be better, so without knowing such details, there is no straight answer. It depends on what you want to get at the end of the day.

Questions like what will get from the offsprings with a particular lousy color SS and good color S, I do not think anyone has a direct answer until one breed it. Even if you use siblings of the SS and S to breed, you will get different result.

Last edited by silane; 11th Mar 2007 at 06:08 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to silane For This Useful Post:

myles (17th Feb 2011)

Barra21

ok Thanks guys for all the replies. And sorry if i accidentally caused a stir. Lets all be focused on the hobby and be happy, sharing crs keepers.

Thread Information