Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Germany Red Bee & Crystal Red Shrimps

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Default Germany Red Bee & Crystal Red Shrimps

I heard that German hobbyists has define what a Red Bee Shrimp is and what Crystal Red Shrimp is.

Can anyone share details on this, the differences?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

I donīt know if you have newer informations so I just can give some background basing on the german magazine "caridina 01/2006".

The CRS is the old type, selected from normal bee shrimp.
    The red bee is a mix from CRS and a type of bumblebee, wich is known as "New bee shrimp" in japan. There are several different shrimps from Honkong with this name. The red bee was selected from this mix. Because they are very expensive, these shrimps are mixed back with CRS so there were created some new breeding lines. You can get red/white CRS by selecting but for Hinomaru for example they have not the genes to produce such colors. Therefor the other sort with more white was needed.

Junior
    Country
    Germany
    Brettheim, Germany between Stuttgart and Nuremberg
    Thanks

Hey Ken,

it is really difficult. In Germany lots of breeders are talking about Red Bee Shrimp, but no one really explains the difference between CRS and RB
    Hopefully they tell us now
    Regards,
    Mike

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Thank for the replies.

Can I conclude that if one would to use "traditional" CRS, he can never breed out hinomaru pattern.

Which type of "New Bee Shrimp" or Bumble Bee is used related to the high end CRS?

belgiumshrimplover

silane says: Thank for the replies.

Can I conclude that if one would to use "traditional" CRS, he can never breed out hinomaru pattern.

Which type of "New Bee Shrimp" or Bumble Bee is used related to the high end CRS?

wich type remains the secret!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks
    Images

I have some questions.

IF RED Bee was mixed by Classic CRS with unknown bee.....will those RED Bee X Red Bee's F1,2,3 may cross back some UN known bee...?
    But they didn't..

HAve u guys try to Breed GOlden or WHite Bee shrimp with Classic CRS (now grade as C or D grade's CRS) See what does F1 look like?

IF I m correct those F1 will have 3 bands or 4 bands RB/CRS.appearance

IF that is the answer.. the key point is the GOlden or White BEEs.
    But where does the White or golden bee came from?
    IF they also came from normal Classic CRS......

Now in Hongkong there are 2 lines crs .1 is Classic Shrimps(without any White or golden genes. )those F1,2's White body parts will more intensive.But Hardly to get SSS grade.
    the other is WHite gene's line. This line u can get the higher SSS grade easier. but afterward's those F2,3 's white parts will not that intensive...THat is what I heard from my local's breeder.

Regular
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks

I heard that "red bee" is the same shrimp as "CRS" and that it is just a matter of rights; that the Japanese guy who bred CRS for the first time has the rights to use this name so everybody else has to correctly name their blood lines red bees or something else.
    Guess this is not the true story then...?

belgiumshrimplover

Hi I searched the article and translated it, this is not the whole article but the most important things.

In 1996, Mr Suzuki succeeded to breed a red altarnetive from wild captured bees. When this species seemed to be fertile and strong, he kept breeding them en became famous with it.
    De wildcaptured bee shrimp is called (bee shrimp the black & white bee as we know) the new specie he called crystal red bee shrimp.

Mr Yamagashi came to the idea to try to breed with other species. So he tried different species and he discovered that crystal reds could be crossed with bumblebee shrimps (caradina brevetia). This bumble bee shrimp is called new bee shrimp in Japan. Not the bumble bee shrimp we know here in Europe. De offspring seemed to be fertile and strong. This new altarnetive, red with white, with large bands like a bumblebee was called Red Bee shrimp.

An owner of a fish truck farm got a few of the red bees in his possession and started breeding them, and he brought the red bee shrimps on the market in Europe.

Then there came grades, to distinguish the different species with a letter. Rising of quality, C B A S SS SSS SSS+
    So the small band stripes are crystal red shrimp and the large band stripes is de Red Bee shrimp.

But my opinion is that it hasnít much to do with the large bands ok red bee have more space between the bands but in the red bees you donít have grade C and B it starts from grade A and crystal reds start from grade C but if itís possible to get crystal red grades SSS+ I donít know I think that those shrimps are always red bees.

Senior
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belgiumshrimplover View Post
    Hi I searched the article and translated it, this is not the whole article but the most important things.

In 1996, Mr Suzuki succeeded to breed a red altarnetive from wild captured bees. When this species seemed to be fertile and strong, he kept breeding them en became famous with it.
    De wildcaptured bee shrimp is called (bee shrimp the black & white bee as we know) the new specie he called crystal red bee shrimp.

Mr Yamagashi came to the idea to try to breed with other species. So he tried different species and he discovered that crystal reds could be crossed with bumblebee shrimps (caradina brevetia). This bumble bee shrimp is called new bee shrimp in Japan. Not the bumble bee shrimp we know here in Europe. De offspring seemed to be fertile and strong. This new altarnetive, red with white, with large bands like a bumblebee was called Red Bee shrimp.

An owner of a fish truck farm got a few of the red bees in his possession and started breeding them, and he brought the red bee shrimps on the market in Europe.

Then there came grades, to distinguish the different species with a letter. Rising of quality, C B A S SS SSS SSS+
    So the small band stripes are crystal red shrimp and the large band stripes is de Red Bee shrimp.

But my opinion is that it hasnít much to do with the large bands ok red bee have more space between the bands but in the red bees you donít have grade C and B it starts from grade A and crystal reds start from grade C but if itís possible to get crystal red grades SSS+ I donít know I think that those shrimps are always red bees.
    Good work!!!! I think you kind of about summarize the whole thing for us. I think the consensus is that for crystal red, the best grade possible is up to grade A and you probably need "breviata" blood to step up to grade S and beyond.

belgiumshrimplover

Yes i think so milt
    Grade A is the highest grade of CR's.
    Higher grades are red bee's.
    The problem is that many importers sell shrimps under different names.
    That's why you can find so called "cr's grade s or higher".

Thread Information