Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended gravel for CRS?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by silane
    Yeah, Dennerle is here, just that it's high price tag has turned many off. Basically, there are 2 type of black quartz, one of them, I can tell it is man made from glass or whateverso, I don't like.

Sorry, I don't get what do you mean by long time controller and short time pH controller. I am using China made brand pH controller, one good thing is it comes with BNC, so can change the probe anytime, but a new US or Europe made probe will cost more than a China made set.
    Long time controll test is used to see the value everytime. It stays in the tank.
    The dennerle long time test works correct for over 6 weeks.
    The "normal" testing kits with stripes or chemicals are only used to get the current value, using 1 time (the stripes from dennerle can also be used for a period of 3 days in the water). When you want to check the ph with normal test kits over the day, you have to make a test each time.
    With long time controller (in the tank) you just look at the color. When the color is green, the ph is OK (for dennerle around 6,8 is the best ph value to grow plants, itīs the biggest company here selling plants).
    It has the size and the figure like the egg of a dove.
    When I have the time I can try to make some photos.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Sometime, it may not be the gravel that causes the color ran, it can be the decor or anything else in the tank.
    Ok, will remove the bogwood and leave the driftwood to see if any difference.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    Long time controll test is used to see the value everytime. It stays in the tank.
    The dennerle long time test works correct for over 6 weeks.
    The "normal" testing kits with stripes or chemicals are only used to get the current value, using 1 time (the stripes from dennerle can also be used for a period of 3 days in the water). When you want to check the ph with normal test kits over the day, you have to make a test each time.
    With long time controller (in the tank) you just look at the color. When the color is green, the ph is OK (for dennerle around 6,8 is the best ph value to grow plants, itīs the biggest company here selling plants).
    It has the size and the figure like the egg of a dove.
    When I have the time I can try to make some photos.

Oh, I see. I was referring to electronics pH probe and meter, no wander, I was confused on the long term and short term thiny.

The long term controller is a glass bulb and you have to drop in liquid? Show me pic if you have.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

Oh, I see. I was referring to electronics pH probe and meter, no wander, I was confused on the long term and short term thiny.

The long term controller is a glass bulb and you have to drop in liquid? Show me pic if you have.
    Glass would be better but itīs a plastic egg. Got a new one today for a special price. Thatīs about 28.-S$. Electronic tester is also from dennerle but you know the price?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

For 'short time' PH testing, I use a electronic PH test Pen. Looks like those colourful high-lighter pen yuo used to highlight your notes.

Very accurate to 1 decimal point after dipping the tip into tank for about 2-3 minutes. Can also calibrate with PH7.0 solution on periodic basis.

Many brands here available in Singapore, ranging from S$20+ to $100+.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel
    For 'short time' PH testing, I use a electronic PH test Pen. Looks like those colourful high-lighter pen yuo used to highlight your notes.

Very accurate to 1 decimal point after dipping the tip into tank for about 2-3 minutes. Can also calibrate with PH7.0 solution on periodic basis.

Many brands here available in Singapore, ranging from S$20+ to $100+.
    I will look what the market in germany has. The stores around my home doesnīt have those test pens. I donīt like the tests using chemicals or stripes and you ever have to think about the exact color. Also between different testing kits every result is different. The prices for the pen are OK, many thanks for the informations.

Senior
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    I will look what the market in germany has. The stores around my home doesnīt have those test pens. I donīt like the tests using chemicals or stripes and you ever have to think about the exact color. Also between different testing kits every result is different. The prices for the pen are OK, many thanks for the informations.
    Yup, used to use test liquids before I switched to test pen.

Very troublesome to use test liquids. Reminded me of chemistry class while in school . Furthermore, you need to guesstimate the colour to co-relate to a template to get the readings.

Test pens are so much convenient and accurate (normally) to 1 decimal point . The lower end test pens are cheaper than test liquids too.

Thread Information