Thread: intending to keep sulawesi cardinal dennerli

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Default intending to keep sulawesi cardinal dennerli

hi guys lately im quite tempted to try out some cardinal dennerli as i read several feedback from keepers saying that dennerli is the easier one among the sulawesi shrimps. i just decomm my 3x1x1ft tank as the chiller is giving out quite a noticeable amount of excessive warmth in my room, therefore thinking of trying some dennerli since the tank is left laying around haha.

i just reset and cleaned up the whole tank and filled it with normal inert sand. water wise im using tap water and dechlorinator. Is it a must to buy the salty shrimp mineral salts 8.5 for keeping sulawesi shrimps? Would like to know more about the preparing the water and also subsequent water changes and how to prepare new water to be added. Much thanks in advance guys

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

Yes, dennerli are one of the easiest from the sulawesi lakes but there are others like Blue leg poso that is also good for begginers.
    Depending on wich shrimp species you want to maintain Sulawesi mineral 8'5 it's a must, dennerlis can be maintained with sera mineral salt without any problem. You have to know that those salts are intended to use with RO water or rain water not Tap water.
    Prepairing the water is easy but you have to calculate how much you need depending on the values you have on the water you would use. Don't mix the water and next add it to the tank! salts must dissolve and for that it need some time. I could say how much i use of any salt but i could be a disaster because you will never use the same water as me or have same conditions in the tank, you need to sort it out by yourself.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masele View Post
    Yes, dennerli are one of the easiest from the sulawesi lakes but there are others like Blue leg poso that is also good for begginers.
    Depending on wich shrimp species you want to maintain Sulawesi mineral 8'5 it's a must, dennerlis can be maintained with sera mineral salt without any problem. You have to know that those salts are intended to use with RO water or rain water not Tap water.
    Prepairing the water is easy but you have to calculate how much you need depending on the values you have on the water you would use. Don't mix the water and next add it to the tank! salts must dissolve and for that it need some time. I could say how much i use of any salt but i could be a disaster because you will never use the same water as me or have same conditions in the tank, you need to sort it out by yourself.
    i dont have any RO water, so the question goes to how do i keep it with tap water ?

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

I can't help you with that, never used tap water for any of my shrimps.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

First do more reading on Sulawesi shrimp then find local breeders and ask what Their water parameters are. I've heard a few use tap water but their tap is perfect. Get tank bread shrimp. In general cardinals need 7.5-8.5 ph. 7gh. Most use salty shrimp 7.5 or 8.5 but with 8.5 you need to add co2 to the ro water. You need ro with salty mix. Also temp near 80deg F.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

What is the gh and ph of your tap water? Remember to let it sit for a day to off gas co2 before testing to be more accurate.

Thread Information