Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue pearl shrimp dying

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Cool! I added a couple oak leaves. The shrimp aren't touching them but we'll see what happened with the water. I'm down to about half of my shrimp. And they don't seem that active.

I adjusted the water temp to 75ish because i read they like warmer water. I checked phosphates too yesterday and those are around 0, the only thing I can think of now is bad tap water or my flora max held onto something nasty from the algaefix that's now leeching back into the water column.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyana View Post
    Cool! I added a couple oak leaves. The shrimp aren't touching them but we'll see what happened with the water. I'm down to about half of my shrimp. And they don't seem that active.

I adjusted the water temp to 75ish because i read they like warmer water. I checked phosphates too yesterday and those are around 0, the only thing I can think of now is bad tap water or my flora max held onto something nasty from the algaefix that's now leeching back into the water column.
    hmm..I'm using celcius here, as I know, temp. around 25 degree is good. I ever try to add dried tea leaves to My shrimp aquarium (neocaridina) and I still waiting the affect. >>>do not try this and I do not recommend, cause I'm still waiting the result for this research . >>>>I just thinking that everyone is easy to get dried tea leaves

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Not sure what you mean? I'm not using tea leaves . Just oak leaves I dried for crafts.

I haven't lost any more that I know of, and I have two berried ones. But more are turning white and they don't move much. They keep hanging out at the surface too. I wonder if they have some mild bacteria infection. Not sure why less they would turn white?

Should I treat with paraguard? I don't want to hurt the berried ones.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyana View Post
    Not sure what you mean? I'm not using tea leaves . Just oak leaves I dried for crafts.

I haven't lost any more that I know of, and I have two berried ones. But more are turning white and they don't move much. They keep hanging out at the surface too. I wonder if they have some mild bacteria infection. Not sure why less they would turn white?

Should I treat with paraguard? I don't want to hurt the berried ones.
    from what I read, using salt bath is safer.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Well, i decided not to mess with them any more and it seems to be working. I now have 3 berried females and haven't lost anymore. There are still a couple white looking ones but they're not dying so not sure why. Guess I'll see if the babies survive.

Thread Information