Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neo's - growing issues

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks

I have substrate but use sponge filters, how can I improve de microbe or zooplankton do you know?
    I have some mosses and some aquariums (the ones with inert substrate) they got algae, brown algae on glasses and green hair algae on mosses and substrate.. not much but some. The aquariums with ADA Amazonia or akadama are not experiencing this problem, but still the shrimps dont get big enough.

How often should I feed in my case? I feed once a day but in summertime when the temperatures have risen a bit, usually fed twice a day, cause ther metabolism should be accelarated.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

For the hair algae, it is those long type and it feels slimy when you touch it?

For your case, if the population is not big, chances of not having enough microbes is lesser but still possible. Do you see any critters, such as cyclops or white round worm, around substrate area? The population of these critters will tell you the condition of the microbial eco-system.

Do you have any aquarium fertiliser that contains only trace elements?

Try to feed once every 2 days. For my tank, I set my heater to be 26C all year round and I only feed once every 2 to 4 days. For those tanks that have ornament snails, I will feed once every 1 to 2 days.

Just to make sure one thing. You shrimp don't get big enough is due to they are not growing up or the adult die easily? To tell this, are you able to tell me how fast the colony is growing (estimate will do)?
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

Hello hyousokhu, I would like to contact you privately. But I do not have the option to send pm to you. Could you tell me how I could contact? Sorry for using this post, but did not know how to find you.
    Thanks!

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

Hi Hyoushoku, have You sell that "microbes food" ?

if We don't have bare bottom area in tanks, then How to efficiently syphon the waste ?

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sandoval View Post
    Hello hyousokhu, I would like to contact you privately. But I do not have the option to send pm to you. Could you tell me how I could contact? Sorry for using this post, but did not know how to find you.
    Thanks!
    Visit my website at www.shrimpydaddy.com. You are able to find my email there.

This forum has strict rule and I can't post email address.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cleeon View Post
    Hi Hyoushoku, have You sell that "microbes food" ?

if We don't have bare bottom area in tanks, then How to efficiently syphon the waste ?
    Not at this moment but maybe soon. If I am really going to sell any of my stuffs, I will announce it on my website and Facebook.

Siphoning the substrate is only needed when there are too much waste material built up and leak out too much organic matter and acid. Usually, you will only need to siphon once every 6 to 12 months. If you do not over feed your tank and your substrate has good ecosystem, you will hardly see waste matter build up.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyoushoku View Post
    For the hair algae, it is those long type and it feels slimy when you touch it?

For your case, if the population is not big, chances of not having enough microbes is lesser but still possible. Do you see any critters, such as cyclops or white round worm, around substrate area? The population of these critters will tell you the condition of the microbial eco-system.

Try to feed once every 2 days. For my tank, I set my heater to be 26C all year round and I only feed once every 2 to 4 days. For those tanks that have ornament snails, I will feed once every 1 to 2 days.

Just to make sure one thing. You shrimp don't get big enough is due to they are not growing up or the adult die easily? To tell this, are you able to tell me how fast the colony is growing (estimate will do)?
    Yes its those algae.. But I havent much, its just a little and just in some aquariums.

No worms, no planaria, no hydra, nothing... At least nothing that i can see.

Don't have fertilizers, do you think I should fertilize Traces? I have tests for No3, PO4, Fe for example, should I test something just to try to help you find an answer for my problem?

Don't usually see dead shrimps, and the colonies are growing, but still they take a lot of time to get big... I dont think that the adult die, I think they take a lot to grow big...

About the last question, its kinda difficult to tell... But I have bought some White pearl maybe in May 2014, I have a lot now... The thing is the ones I bought, some are still there, i bought like 7 or 8 and have now like 60 "adult"... But still I can see wich ones are the ones that i bought because they came big, and they still big, the ones that were born here, are adults for sure, but they dont get as big as their parents

In another aquarium I have neocaridina blue dream, bougght about the same quantity as the white pearl in the summertime, now I have a lot more but they are the same size as the adult white pearl that were born here.

It's really strange and I cant figure out the mistery beyond this

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

The formation of those algae, Spirogyra, is due to high lighting intensity plus ammonia spike. Hence, there might be chances of overfeeding or bacteria not cleaning up on time. Using of UGF or dirty filter will sometime cause this problem too.

Trace fertiliser will replenish some trace nutrition. If your shrimps are lack of trace nutrients, dosing trace fertiliser will be able to improve the condition within 2 weeks. It is fast and easy way to eliminate lack of trace nutrients problem from low microbes population issue.

Neos breed like rabbit and they could survive even in the worst condition. Hence, it is not a good idea to do comparison with them.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks

Neos breed like rabbit and they could survive even in the worst condition. Hence, it is not a good idea to do comparison with them.
    I know but still, mostly I have Neo's so can't talk about the others. The thing is my friend that is having the same problem, is having it with cbs and crs

Regular
    Country
    Greece
    Thanks

Hello moderator!
    Is this trace element fertilizer safe for the Caridinas ? (Taiwan Bee included)
    http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/in...ditU=0&Regit=5

Thread Information