Thread: Many water parameter questions etc help~!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Default Many water parameter questions etc help~!

TOday, i got a lot of stuff and really stuggle to use it.

That store keeper suggested me to buy shirakura liquid reminalizer , breeding liquid & GH KH testing kit & TDS meter. (all bought)
    He said as my tank is only 14L i should use distilled water without getting into to trouble of RO.

So here are my questions..
    My tank should be cycled now... only red fire dying everyday, other tiwan bees, CRS CBS are ok. ( I bought 1 shadow panda today, and died! when I open the bag!)

anways, how can I introduce the distilled water? how many % water change?

Should I even try?

Furthermore, if I add the remineralizer, the instruction says if have shrimp add 5ml over 10L for several days, so does that mean i give littel portions per day?
    Then what do I do with testing?

>>> If i reminralize it, after testing KH and GH... what is the point of testing TDS?

and if GH is low, should i add more? or wait 1 more day?

Furthermore, if KH is high...say 5, how to lower it? CHange water?
    For CRS breeding, is KH 0 best?

For the breeding liquid, when i add it, the shrimps went crazy.. anyone have it? the instruction did not mention if u can add for how many days. and when to use, anyone have EXP on this?

One more question, I bought a few cones with its branches, what is it used for? eating? any other properties..

Thanks

John

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

You are ripped by the shop. Which one did you go?

If you already have shrimp in the tank, I will not suggest you change the water type.

How come your tap is 5dKH? You live in NT area?

Avoid the breeding liquid, it will kill your shrimp sometimes.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

I went to a shop on the second floor.. which sellls salt water and fresh water stuff ... dont know the name.. can u remmend me a shop that sells good quality shrimp.. I bought a shadow panada... and died when i got back..( before aclaminating)

I was kind of waiting for your reply.. but i started....with distilled water ( as u suggested before) .From 14 L tank I changed 1.4L and reminarlized with shirakura remizinering liquid.. I really dont understand how to use it.. it says 60 drps per 10 L water, if have shrimp add along few days..

In refering KH, i did not mean i had 5 , i was assuming if it was 5 how can we lower it for 0-2 KH? But currently KH is 2

In conclusion water para now is
    TDs 281 : Is it too high in my planted tank? everyyime i put the mineral liquid, it rises accroding
    KH 2
    GH 6
    PH 6.2

Having started distilled water, I would like to ask how to use reminzeralier and when to check for water paramaters.
    I wanted to use distilled water because i do not want to declorinze my h20 anymore.
    My aim is for breeding shrimps and now have like 6-7 micro shrimplets bred from my blue velvet i think.

sad thing is 1 CBS died after doing this... not sure if it is because of what i did.

can you please give me more insights,, my tds is 270... I saw ur blog it says tds is useless.. so what is the puropise of tds meter then ?

When can i know when my tank is fully stablized and not worry and get control freaked.. but i love this hobby..

Thanks bro, i know i have many questions..please bare with me..

CHeers,
    John

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Roughly, I think I know you said which one.

If you walk up any shop in HK like this, they will "slaughter" you. It is better you gain your knowledge from the web by Googling or search through this forum first. After that, just go to this shop and buy things that you need.

Since you are new to this hobby, just use your filtered tap water to keep Fire Red or Rili shrimp; they are far more hardy. The reason why they die is because the shop that sell them did not keep them in good condition. Once you are more experience, then move on to other shrimp.

"Having started distilled water, I would like to ask how to use reminzeralier and when to check for water paramaters. " <--- What do you mean? I thought liquid mineral Ca+ has instruction sticked on the bottle?

"can you please give me more insights,, my tds is 270... I saw ur blog it says tds is useless.. so what is the puropise of tds meter then" <--- Measuring TDS alone is useless. You need to use it with other measurement then it could give you some indication. For example, pH is going down, REDOX is going down/remain and TDS is going up then meaning the water surface aeration is not enough. Another use for TDS will be gauging the amount of fertiliser or minerals dosed are too much. Some people used TDS to gauge amount of organics in water column but it is not really make sense. It is because organic does not conduct electricity well and can't be measure by TDS meter.

"When can i know when my tank is fully stablized and not worry and get control freaked.. but i love this hobby.." <--- I need to know your exact setup, cycling method, how long has it been running and daily & weekly dosing & maintenance regime.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Thread Information