Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help id sulawesi shrimps

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

Great news!! i have some info about these two! According to aristocratama they are natural species, no cross breed, and both come from lake matano. So maybe i end up knowing that they are trully what the seller claimed.
    Btw they all are doing it very fine, i have tons of Trimaculatus and Malili Red start to show up, so it's a matter of time that the tank got a a lot red shrimps all around.

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masele View Post
    Great news!! i have some info about these two! According to aristocratama they are natural species, no cross breed, and both come from lake matano. So maybe i end up knowing that they are trully what the seller claimed.
    Btw they all are doing it very fine, i have tons of Trimaculatus and Malili Red start to show up, so it's a matter of time that the tank got a a lot red shrimps all around.
    Your post is really informative, bro.
    Thanks for sharing.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

I have a tank full of shrimp like the two images on the right. I was told that they were cardinals (caridina dennerli) but the red is very dark and some have very little spotting. I do not have any other lake Matano shrimp to compare then to. I did see one male that is red like what you would expect from dennerli. I only see him when I first turn on the lights. I think he is on the nocturnal feeding shift.

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

I don't know why but most of my Trimaculatus are blue, only a few are a bit reddish but it's more brown than red.
    Don't know how many of them i have but i can see them at any time, no need to wait until night, they are very active and not so shy as dennerlis, only when i had a few (15) they where very shy and never show up at full light.
    Caridina Dennerli is from Matano lake, it has very similar dot patterns but completely different anatomy, size and behaviour, it's clearly noticeable that they are different species.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

I started with 15 and they were very shy at first. There is over 40 now mostly baby's and juvenile. I have only had them for about four months. You are correct in that they are less shy now that there is more of them.

Country
    Spain
    Thanks

I bought 9 Trimaculatus in august but in 3 months i got nothing, november was the month where i finally got something and until now they never stopped to breed, i have hundreds of them swimming around the tank all day.

Malili red are a different story, i'm still trying to get a numerous colony with great but very slow success. Of these i only had 3 adult shrimps and i had to take well care of them, now i have at least 5 adult females that i could see, so maybe there are even more.

Thread Information