Thread: Shrimp Now?

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Default Shrimp Now?

My tank has finished cycling...0 ammonia and nitrites, 5-10 nitrates for about 10-12 days now...I check every morning. Can I put 10 yellow shrimp in now? I've bought them and the seller is holding them for me, until I feel my tank is safe. Is it safe to add the shrimp now? I've not kept any wet pets for 3 years...then I had 11 tanks, 4 were shrimp tanks & I really am excited to be getting shrimp again. This will be my only tank, a 20L...10 neon yellow shrimp and 5 Ivory & light striped purple mystery snails...my favorite tank when I kept fish and shrimp before. But my health is poor now, the reason I got rid of all my wet pets and why I'm only going to have one tank...& I have a very poor memory...I think it's called CRS...so I'm having to relearn how to keep wet pets & I just need to know when it's ok to put the shrimp in my newly cycled tank. The tank is heavily planted and has about 15 MTS and 5 mystery snails in it now that were there during the cycling. Thanks in advance.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

I can answer my own question...the seller has pneumonia so won't be shipping anything right now...plus my tank has enough biofilm now to make them happy (I used Stability when cycling.) This will give me time to get my newly purchased manzanita wood & lava rock in the tank and make sure my parameters stay stable. If anyone reads this and wants to jump in with some advice, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thread Information