Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum is Getting Too Quiet... ... ... ...

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Default This Forum is Getting Too Quiet... ... ... ...

The forum is getting way too quite nowadays. I think after the spam attack and trimming of posts and accounts, a lot of forum members started exploring other forums, especially those forums in their local language.

I would say this is used to be the best shrimp forum. It will be a waste if started to cool off. Maybe the owner or admin should create more activities to zest up the forum to attract back the veteran and more new members?
    shrimpydaddy.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hyoushoku For This Useful Post:

Frank (12th Jun 2014), ratherbe (17th Aug 2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

I totally agree. When you see all the old posts, it was a very vibrant community those days. Breeders making new varieties public on this forum etc.
    The flood of spam should have taken care of much faster. I warned that I've seen forums 'die' because of it, seems this has become reality for this forum too.

But beside that, I see also other forums (locale) seems to slow down. Not sure, but it's a feeling.

Could it be the hobby is not growing anymore or maybe less people keep dwarf shrimp? The only region it seems to bee still booming is Asia.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

IMO, it is not the hobby dies down. It is mostly people go to their native language forum (I saw increasing traffic from native language forums in my blog traffic), especially in Europe and North-east Asia. It is not easy for most people to communicate in English.

Actually, it is getting more popular in US (I think got to do with the country size and hard to get shrimps imported there) and less popular in Asia. Problem with Asia is people like new stuffs and the whole "world" revolve in hypes and trends. Thus if there is no new breed of decent pricing is created, it will die off easily. Since Pinto came out, there is no more new breed, thus people are slowly getting less excited. Hopefully, our German or Taiwanese folks can breed more variants soon.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

I'm the owner of a Dutch shrimp forum. I don't see a decline in activities on that forum. Only here.

But owners, admins and moderators have to be active. If not a forum will die. That's for sure.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Excellent point from my countryman, I visit that Dutch forum too, and indeed with an active 'main group' to keep the forum rolling it's a different story.
    I hope my feeling about the global activity of the hobby is incorrect and that it's still growing.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

The forum is still very popular but not a lot of people want to participate. I notice that we have 143 guests online but only 2 members. Certainly a lot of viewers!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

It is almost the same amount of guest 24x7. Thus, they should be spam bots.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

I think we need a Buy/sell sub-forum. It will attract attention and increase traffic. what better platform does the breeder hobbyist have then a trusted forum.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

I know some people are working on a international social shrimp platform. Looking forward to that. Could be a promising alternative. I mean, if no one is really active anymore on this forum like admins and moderators, maybe it's better to move on? They done a great job in the past years, but maybe it just have come to an end?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

It would be a shame if things slow down too much! It is important for relative newbies like me to be able to reach out to more experienced international keepers such as yourselves. We have a vibrant and growing forum in Australia, and as we cant import, it is vital as we need to be creating these wonderful strains with the limited gene pool we have available.

I guess we are fortunate with English being first language that we can migrate forums too!

I always check in here to see what is being discussed and discovered. You are our trailblazers, please don't disappear.

Thread Information