Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Forum is Getting Too Quiet... ... ... ...

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyoushoku View Post
    LOL!!! Thanks for recommending me. However... I am pretty busy with my work this year (there are a lot of politics I have to fight at global scale)
    I understand. Same here, spending to much time already on fora .

plus I am quite busy with designing and building a new house. Therefore, I doubt I can have enough time to perform the moderator task well.
    Sound awesome. Always has been a dream to do that. I would definitely design a shrimp room into it, hope you will do so and show the project on the forum some day!

But you are right. We need new moderators. The owner and moderators of this forum should look for someone who are committed to do this work well.
    Ok, lets wait and see who will respond...

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

My initial plan for the house is to have a shrimp room too, thus I decide to build a 3-storey house. However, Japan is earthquake prone area and the government imposed strict rules on building 3-storey house (ground floor will have to be underground and made of concrete). Therefore, it will cost twice as much as building a 2-storey house, which means I might as well build two blocks of 2-storey house. LOL!!!

End up I gave up the idea of shrimp room for now. In a couple of years time, if I have spare money, I just buy the land next door and build a single-storey home office that is much cheaper. By then, I can have one or two dedicated shrimp rooms.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Definitely go with 2 storey house for you and 2 storey Shrimp house!!

That's a dream!!

I have only just now been able to get a rack setup for my shrimp, this now gives me seven tanks for shrimp. (Nero and caridina) I have some Native Australian Shrimp in another tank, we are lucky to have several indigenous species to breed also.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Hi Newbreed,

For your rack, what kind of filtration are you using?
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Hey, have them running to a sump containing K1, filter pads and Marine Pure spheres.

Will post some pics and start up a thread later tonight. Not that exciting compared to others but I am very happy to have the extra tanks!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newbreed View Post
    Hey, have them running to a sump containing K1, filter pads and Marine Pure spheres.

Will post some pics and start up a thread later tonight. Not that exciting compared to others but I am very happy to have the extra tanks!
    I prefer this setup over individual external filter.

People uses individual external filter because they are worrying of infection. However if they are to a centralised sump, you can move them around without worrying them die due to environment differences.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

I like being able to move them between the connected tanks freely. As all water parameters are the same there is no need to acclimatise.

Also, if there is a bacterial infection, I have a UV steriliser inline. I don't run it all the time, just occasionally for a 24 hour period to ensure all water is sterilised.

My other tanks are on individual canisters but are all setup for different water parameters.

My rack tanks are for my TB lines but I also have Neocaridina in there as well, they have adapted to more acidic conditions and have bred okay. They would be more productive in higher ph but they are not my main focus.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Beware of UV sterilizer. It will cause trace mineral unusable, which end up causes the shrimp more sick. My remedy for bacterial infection is H2O2. It kills bacterial and at the same time, supple more O2 to relieve the stress.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

A good moderator would say now: 'Hey, you're way offtopic!' . (and then clean up this topic, and also delete this post)

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Finchaser View Post
    I think we need a Buy/sell sub-forum. It will attract attention and increase traffic. what better platform does the breeder hobbyist have then a trusted forum.
    Hi guys,

Sorry to say this, I'm against the buy/sell forum. The reason for this is once you have such sub-forum, there will be a lot of seller actively contribute to the forum for gaining their popularity and exposure reason. When they are doing that, they will be telling wrong information to people, such as shrimp is extremely easy to keep or the true gene of certain breed. End up, they will hate people like me who challenge commercial product and marketing gimmicks.

This is the reason why I love ShrimpNow the most and also the reason why I sign up in the first place.
    shrimpydaddy.com

Thread Information