Thread: help please...

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Default help please...

my tank looks really cloudy like i cant see my shrimp cloudy... i set my tank up 4 weeks ago and matured it using the dead fish/shrimp method... i have tested my tank lvls and it all looked good so i added 35 ghost shrimp thursday night 1/16/14 and by the next morning i had 1 dead shrimp and cloudy as the worst fog ever water... did adding those shrimp and the 1 dieing cause a bacteria bloom???
    water tested results...

ph 7.2...
    ammonia 0...
    nitrite 0...
    nitrate some where between 0-5

Country
    Israel
    Thanks

Cloudy water usually happens when there is a bacteria bloom like you've mentioned,
    I don't know of any "dead fish/shrimp method"s, but how did you decide the water was ready for those shrimps?
    Did the filter run the whole time you used that method? what's the ratio of the tank size as to the filter output?
    It's been 3 days since you put them in, did you do a water change since? had the cloudiness lowered those three days?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

try and do a water change, about 20-30%, and see if that helps, after a few more days, you can do another one,

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Default well

my tank has cleared up alot ill do a water change to speed it along. as for how i knew it was ready for my shrimp... its ghost shrimp, i bought 35-40 of them for like $10 they was $0.23 per shrimp... im testing my tank a bit with them. im wanting something they will sell pretty good online, im open to suggestions as to what i should breed. id love to get my hands on some Caridina sp. "Dark Green" for a reasonable price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information