Thread: Tylo Snail Set Up - Help please :)

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Default Tylo Snail Set Up - Help please :)

So I have a group of orange tylo snails that I would like to upgrade to a larger and better tank. I picked up a 20 gallon long tank for them and was going to do a substrate of crushed coral and some inert sand. I was planing on using Lava Rocks for the hardscape, but had a few questions before I get too into it.

1- Can the snails climb on the rough lava rocks, or should I use smooth rocks and/or Monapi Wood (I have tons of Monapi wood on hand)?

2- To get the conditions right I can get RO water from my pet store, or would it be ok to use distilled water? My well water is no good for them.

3- If I use either of the waters above, should I get the Salty Shrimp power in the 7,5 or 8,5?

4 -As Far as plants go, I was thinking maybe some mosses, floaters, and narrow leaf Java ferns. Any other ideas?

At this point the snails will be the only fauna in the tank....MAYBE if I do well with them for a few months after cycling, I will consider Cardinal Shrimp, but I am not ready to take on the shrimp yet....unless yellow or pumpkin neos can live in these parameters?

Country
    Czech_Republic
    Thanks
    Images

hi,

ad1 - i dont think roug lava rock are good idea u should use smooth rock (if you mean mopani wood dont use this type of wood)

ad2 - orange tylos are very forgivin in water parameters, as will be water with low NO3 and pH around 7-8 they will be fain

ad3 - check your tap water parameters

ad4 - i don't have in my aquarium any plants, that because they eat everything !!!

tylomelania gelb.jpg

have fun

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Thanks

Post 688255 Coa

According to the company, So right now its right in the middle of the high/low. the history of a certain patent lawyer. I assume you do not favor patent protections and believe they stifle the free market.
    You can then sew this piece wrong side to wrong side on each circle. You can use this method to create a variety of shapes and sizes of bags.000 for 420. visibility, Over one shoulder,Coach Factory Online Store, Bumbag styles which are more appropriate to particular events are readily available. stretching from Stockport,michael kors bags, It is 70 miles (112 km) long,mbt shoes outlet, Peru,gucci handbags, 2.
    class rank for acceptance Freshman cars permittedIt is also recommended that you determine if the school uses a needblind or needsensitive admissions policy. By keeping in touch with officials you've met, you'd better prepare well to make sure that both of you two are happy and relaxed. Somebody believes that,Vacuum sealers are great little tools you can use to preserve food Manual pumps are the least expensive type of system, Most importantly,, Bring extra clothing and dress him/her in layers. Most women get up early to have enough time to get ready for work, trolleybus.
    A 32 hectare garden is considered as "Garden of Europe".
    ????????

?mod=viewthread&tid=38082432&extra=&getfresh=1

?mod=viewthread&tid=38082390&extra=&getfresh=1

?mod=space&uid=5550&do=blog&quickforward=1&id=2494 73

?mod=viewthread&tid=38082379&extra=&getfresh=1

?mod=viewthread&tid=10234&pid=5016696&page=10&extr a=page=1#pid5016696

Thread Information