Thread: Food question

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Default Food question

Is it ok to feed my rcs foods that are specified for crs?

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Yes. However for a lot of the CRS food are high in protein, therefore look for different type of foods some with high and some with low proteins.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyoushoku View Post
    Yes. However for a lot of the CRS food are high in protein, therefore look for different type of foods some with high and some with low proteins.
    Ooohh Kay. That makes senxe. But should that maybe a cause of death Of my RCS .? I bought this food. Quite exspensive used it My gang all went cookooo over it . I started to see a lot of dead. 1/2 a day what got me more nuts was I had. A lot of berried females and they ate , and died as well so I did a test . Didn't want to because I knew maybe what my happen , so water change clean and tested used veggies First,yum yum ,,, thans days past tried the food , and berried dead, couple adults dead .... Did it again without water change temp good water still good. same results ,,,,, dnt know if Im paranoid or if It's a coinencedense . I dnt think I can mention brand and I dnt like to bad mouth no one , so now I am. Pretty sure it's what it is so it goes in the dump... But is there a food that jus specific for neocaridina strains ?, There is a lot for caridina , I thought that it was okay to use such foods ,, I may be wrong mahalos for ur time

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Actually, I used to feed my PFR (higher grade RCS), red rili and blue rili with CRS food too and no issues. I tried almost every renowned brand in the market before so I think I should have tried yours.

Usually too much protein associated death is caused by molting issue. The shell is not soft enough for them to grow and they have problem molting. End up, they over-grown their shell and crushed to death by their own shell. However, it should not kill them within a day.

What's your pH and gH level?

Too bad you are located in US, if you are in APAC, I can pass you some of my homemake food when I travel to that country.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

wow hyoushoku what a kind gesture thank you as for water it was good i dont remember the exact but thats was the first things i did check but thanks for the great information i will really keep it in mind and same here if you need anything from Hawaii please let me know . mahalo

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

No worries.

I posted something on pH and GH relation somewhere recently. You may want to refer to it and compare your water parameter. I have been through your current state, all parameters look good according to all articles, at the end still fail. At the end I figured out this pH and GH relationship and calcium depletion issue in old tank.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyoushoku View Post
    Too bad you are located in US, if you are in APAC, I can pass you some of my homemake food when I travel to that country.
    wow... you make food too?

Country
    Hong Kong
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wisjwara View Post
    wow... you make food too?
    Yes. Due to the amount of tanks and shrimps I have, it is more cost effective. Furthermore, I can control over the ingredient used.

Country
    United_States
    Thanks

Default Food Tours

Guided walking food tours to explore the coolest neighborhoods through the medium of food meticulously paired with stories.It will leave lingering memories

Thread Information