Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My CBS

Regular
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Hey guys,

It's been a while I didn't update anything news of my CBS since my last one...

Anyway one of this female on pic taken above she gave birth twice already. I got about 70-80 babies, good enough to start my selection project...

Here are the juneviles

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

My I ask you or anyone else whom may read this. Lately I've been seeing a lot of beautiful CRS & CBS. My questions are how can I accomplish my goal of having my shrimp have a very strong white black and red color like the ones you have. Do you breed them with another breed of shrimp that helps the color become more intensive or does it just occur throughout breeding? I also would like to know if it is possible to get a "pure line" from a f1 throughout the time and breeding done ? Thanks in advance and your shrimp are beautiful.

Regular
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Thanks for the compliments dude!

It's all about selective breeding, just be patience. If you have noticed on this pic some shrimp has darker black...
    Other thing your water parameter mostly GH, type of food and amount of light are crucial for their intensive color

Nope IMO you won't get Pure Line F1 with intensive dark black and solid white. It takes at least F4 or F6 to achieve it through years. Unless you bought a quality Pure Black Line from someone then your F1 will reach quality...

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by DutchColombian View Post
    My I ask you or anyone else whom may read this. Lately I've been seeing a lot of beautiful CRS & CBS. My questions are how can I accomplish my goal of having my shrimp have a very strong white black and red color like the ones you have. Do you breed them with another breed of shrimp that helps the color become more intensive or does it just occur throughout breeding? I also would like to know if it is possible to get a "pure line" from a f1 throughout the time and breeding done ? Thanks in advance and your shrimp are beautiful.

Thread Information