Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: t5 lighting for planted tank

  1. #1
    babypiggy
    Guest

    Default t5 lighting for planted tank

    hey guys
    i have a 3ft t5 lighting
    but a month and a bit ago got a bigger tank... it's a 72 oceanic bow front tank

    is there any way to make the light 4ft long?
    or not really?

  2. #2
    Erivaj
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babypiggy
    hey guys
    i have a 3ft t5 lighting
    but a month and a bit ago got a bigger tank... it's a 72 oceanic bow front tank

    is there any way to make the light 4ft long?
    or not really?
    I understand you want to adapt the 30 Watts light to your new tank.

    Your new 4ft system probably will work with 36 Watts lights. Yuo can not install the T5 in your new system.


  3. #3
    babypiggy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erivaj
    I understand you want to adapt the 30 Watts light to your new tank.

    Your new 4ft system probably will work with 36 Watts lights. Yuo can not install the T5 in your new system.

    oh okie thanks for the info

  4. #4
    Erivaj
    Guest

    Default

    Anyway if you want to do it and you can post more details or photograps ....

    But I think this will be not a good solution. A 36W T5 is not so expensive.

  5. #5
    babypiggy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erivaj
    Anyway if you want to do it and you can post more details or photograps ....

    But I think this will be not a good solution. A 36W T5 is not so expensive.
    Um currently it's a t5 lighting wiht 4 strips of lights.
    Each light is 39 watts....It was pretty expensive when we bought this light strip. We paid $300 and it's German made.

    I was Just wondering if there is a way to make it Longer.... because the light is sitting on the 72 gallon tank which is a bow front. I am already using it; but there are some parts of the tank the light doens't hit. Due to the fact it's not long enough.

    Just wanted to see if I could of made it from 3feet to 4 feet.

  6. #6
    Erivaj
    Guest

    Default

    I can not find a good solution to adapt the 3 ft (39w) to 4 ft (54w) to get light all along the tank using the 3 ft lamp you have.

    If you rise the lamp over the tank, you will get a bigger lighted area, but at the same time you will lose light caused by the reflection on the water surface.


  7. #7
    babypiggy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erivaj
    I can not find a good solution to adapt the 3 ft (39w) to 4 ft (54w) to get light all along the tank using the 3 ft lamp you have.

    If you rise the lamp over the tank, you will get a bigger lighted area, but at the same time you will lose light caused by the reflection on the water surface.

    Yeah It's a tough one
    But I think the light is ok for the tank

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My 2 ft planted shrimp tank
    By simcb in forum My Shrimp Tank and Shrimps
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6th Dec 2011, 03:53 AM
  2. My First 2 ft planted tank
    By kokoryo in forum My Shrimp Tank and Shrimps
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20th Jan 2007, 02:34 AM
  3. Planted tank with shrimps
    By marco92 in forum General Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th Dec 2006, 10:12 AM
  4. Planted Tank for CRS
    By silane in forum Crystal Red Shrimp
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 8th Feb 2006, 12:39 AM
  5. My planted tetra tank
    By livionakano in forum Plants and Care
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th Oct 2005, 06:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •