PDA

View Full Version : blue jelly shrimp

amanda
29th Apr 2012, 07:29 AM
probably on the wrong thread but can any one tell me about blue jelly shrimp are they a true species?:embarasse

lillith112
29th Apr 2012, 04:06 PM
Never heard of those Amanda, they sound very interesting.

imke_j
29th Apr 2012, 07:48 PM
The name of Blue Jelly shrimp has been adapted in Europe falsely.

Blue Jelly originally are bluish variant of Panda and king Kong shrimp, say caridina species.
Blue Fairy shrimp is a neocaridina type, fallen from red heteropoda, and seen in Taiwan first.

However, a German shop sells the neocaridina blue type as 'Blue Jelly' shrimp, and everything is mixed up, as Europeans now name the neocaridina type as 'Blue Jelly'.

imke_j
29th Apr 2012, 07:49 PM
probably on the wrong thread but can any one tell me about blue jelly shrimp are they a true species?:embarasse

P.S. Which type do you mean?

amanda
29th Apr 2012, 08:11 PM
Hi Imke_j
They are advertised on a german(i think) dealers site beginning with R.( dont think i am allowed to say who they are) they dont look any thing like the jelly taiwans that are beautiful. nice blue though.i expect they are neocaridina.

fcgbboy2
30th Apr 2012, 12:52 AM
Apparently, it would be a selection of "Blue rili".

imke_j
30th Apr 2012, 01:08 PM
Apparently, it would be a selection of "Blue rili".
Yes, you are right - this has been discussed on Facebook. The original photo of the neocaridina variant is: http://blog.yimg.com/2/bG225mt7s5.98lT9Yhwai2UL6BunJ57PUuMrE1G6M.tKxAZSdy mCyg--/98/l/nLi8TSFZi0zrYd5uHYeOkg.jpg
and the shop with R (we are talking about the same, Amanda) used it without kind of permission. It is a Neocaridina cf. heteropoda a 'blue rili' without red pigment.

Robox
11th Dec 2012, 02:04 AM
Hello I am looking at obtaining some blue shrimp for a new set-up does anyone have any experience of keeping the blue pearl or European blue jelly? Am trying to decide on which to try and am looking for a good blue colour :)