PDA

View Full Version : Red Rili, Blue Rili, Blue pearl, or Yellow shrimp?

mjbn
25th Dec 2011, 08:20 PM
Which one should i go for to breed? I REALLY want to do blue rili, but I'm having trouble finding a good price that i can afford for a decent amount.

Fento
3rd Jan 2012, 06:38 AM
Keep looking! anyway you can select red rilli for blue, even some yellw can show bluish tones. Just a matter of time, perseverance and a bit of luck.
I wanted to have a blue rili stable colony, but I luckily I could find'em at a local shop. As they were quite expensive I've just bought a berried female, Now I have 'rilli'-babys, some of them blue. I hope they reach adulthood and became more intense coloured.
I can't tell you which one you should get (that's shrimpkeepers main problem, they're al soooooo beautyfull :D that in the end there's not enough tanks) but If you really want blue rilis, go for it!

mjbn
3rd Jan 2012, 10:55 PM
Keep looking! anyway you can select red rilli for blue, even some yellw can show bluish tones. Just a matter of time, perseverance and a bit of luck.
I wanted to have a blue rili stable colony, but I luckily I could find'em at a local shop. As they were quite expensive I've just bought a berried female, Now I have 'rilli'-babys, some of them blue. I hope they reach adulthood and became more intense coloured.
I can't tell you which one you should get (that's shrimpkeepers main problem, they're al soooooo beautyfull :D that in the end there's not enough tanks) but If you really want blue rilis, go for it!
I passed on blue rili culls and got red rili and yellow shrimp.. Haha Hopefully my reds give me a little blue tinting though:D

KevinsWorld
8th Jan 2012, 11:19 PM
Het mjbn - did you find the riles locally or have to order them? Of my 5 one is fully berried and one partial as they must have gotten busy over the holiday when I was not looking with the one single male... Lucky guy :-).

mjbn
8th Jan 2012, 11:44 PM
Well I ordered it from someone local, if that makes sense. Same state, like 2 hours apart though. I could've gotten some more "local" but the prices were higher. Haha nice though! How long have you had them?

KevinsWorld
9th Jan 2012, 12:14 AM
I've had mine since Thanksgiving week. Did you pick them up or were they shipped in the mail... I worry about shipping this time of year.

mjbn
9th Jan 2012, 12:17 AM
I actually haven't received them yet. The seller just suffered a loss in the family so all sales are at a standstill rightnow:/ My tanks are empty, waiting for the shrimp. haha I can't wait!

KevinsWorld
9th Jan 2012, 01:55 AM
It seems like there is a supply of yellows in the Bay area although I have not bought any I am thinking about it.

mjbn
9th Jan 2012, 02:16 AM
Are you in the Bay Area?:O &Yeah, i was stuck between yellows, PFR's, or blue pearls. haha such a hard decision.

Philderodez
9th Jan 2012, 02:55 AM
Yellow x red give green !

mjbn
13th Feb 2012, 06:18 PM
Wouldn't they just go back to their wild coloration?