15th Dec 2011, 10:55 PM
So I have tanks specifically for CRS.

pH <6.5
gH 5-6
kH 0-2
TDS 100 ppm
temp - 72 C
WC with RO + mosura mineral plus

I have cherries currently in one of the tanks and they're not doing as well as they did in a tap water tank. Mainly no breeding for a couple months which is drastically different from breeding all the time in tap water. Anyone notice anything similar with their neocaridinas?

firstblue
20th Dec 2011, 06:00 AM
You know I have ran Cherries in both CRS water parameters and more a tap water tank. In my recollection it seemed that I got a higher population desnity in the tap water, however I am consistently getting shrimplets in a very similar RO setup you speak about. It just doesn't appear the population actually compounds and grows as well as it did with Tap.

Hard to tell since I have somewhat decorated tanks with wood and moss. I am interested in good setups which just focus on breeding only. No looks. I have noticed some breeders running bare bottom tanks, or some with just a mass of moss in the middle. If anybody else has suggestions on breeding focused tanks I would be all ears.

Kevyn
28th Dec 2011, 01:00 PM
I have a setup in my office with PH 6.5< using akadamia I.

I do a 10% weekly change with tap water and top up when necessary. The main difference could be the temperature, which I have it at about 28 deg C.

I started with 5-8 Cherries, now i have more than 20 and I have another 2 Mamas berried.

Java moss and Nana with frogbit, 0.5 Ft tank.

hope this helps.

mordalphus
28th Dec 2011, 01:54 PM
Neocaridina doesn't do so good in low pH tank. If I keep them 6 or under they stop breeding at all, they do fine at 6.5+ though.

neondagger
29th Dec 2011, 12:20 AM
Neocaridina doesn't do so good in low pH tank. If I keep them 6 or under they stop breeding at all, they do fine at 6.5+ though.

Hai.. my Ph now 5.8....