PDA

View Full Version : ADA New Amazonia in old bags?

Claudio Cabral
17th Jun 2011, 06:51 PM
Hello! I was looking for ADA amazonia II to setup another tank, but I can't find it anywhere.
A person in my LFS told me that ADA New Amazonia are packed in old bags of amazonia because they are using the bags they have in stock and they don't want to waste those bags.
Anybody knows something about that or the person in LFS only want to sell?

Cipher
17th Jun 2011, 09:03 PM
Well, ADA Amazonia II is written in the bag, if its just 'ADA Amazonia' then that is the type 1 of the ADA Amazonia

Claudio Cabral
18th Jun 2011, 03:24 AM
i know what is written in the bags, but they ( LFS) say that ADA used some old bags to pack the new Amazonia kind. its quite strange for me if that is true.

Cipher
18th Jun 2011, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure about the 'new' ADA Amazonia ones, i've heard about them, but never actually seen them yet. In Australia, we have only 1 supplier of ADA products and even they don't have the 'new' ones yet. They still have the good old ADA Amazonia I and II. I don't think you should trust your LFS, unless they have a good reputation, if its new, they'd put it in a new ADA Amazonia Bag clearly stating that it is better than the old Amazonia I and II. just my oppinion, could be wrong since no one else replied to this thread im thinking the new one isnt even out yet? or maybe Australia is just slow at getting such products in here.

schmelztiga
18th Jun 2011, 10:24 PM
Hello Claudio,

like Cipher said; if it's new, the supplier would use the new bags which has "New Amazonia" on the bags

and I was in my favorite aquaristic shop and it has the New Amazonia bags with "New Amazonia" on the bags, so I wouldn't trust the person in your LFS what he/she told you, that the new amazonia packed in old bags of the amazonia.

imke_j
18th Jun 2011, 11:52 PM
Agree with the poster above. The new bag should look like:
http://www.garnelenhaus.de/images/104-031-0.jpg

While the old looks like:
http://www.garnelenhaus.de/images/104-021A-0.jpg

Mark
19th Jun 2011, 01:19 AM
Hi, if anyone experience problems with certain products or has questions regarding those, better contact the manufacturer directly. Thanks.:)

imke_j
19th Jun 2011, 01:22 AM
Haha, Mark: really funny.

Cipher
19th Jun 2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, I havn't seen the new amazonia here in Australia myself, so I was unsure what it would look like but it seems like its out in america and such. looks like my rescape will be postponed till new amazonia comes out here