PDA

View Full Version : Bee Shrimps?

chinghsi
30th Dec 2005, 09:03 PM
Hi, I have been wanting to try bee shrimps after cherries, as I have read that bee are not as delicate as CRS, though they are actually the same kind of shrimp. I was told by some people that they are actually very delicate, yet some say it is quite hardy. Wonder which is more true? Beside which is too far for me (I usually go at night if I do, and they have nothing left), where can I get these shrimps for reasonable price? Thanks!!

chinghsi
30th Dec 2005, 09:12 PM
I think the bee shrimps are also called black diamonds is it? I am quite puzzled by the names... Hehe...

gr81
30th Dec 2005, 11:41 PM
Hi, I have been wanting to try bee shrimps after cherries, as I have read that bee are not as delicate as CRS, though they are actually the same kind of shrimp. I was told by some people that they are actually very delicate, yet some say it is quite hardy. Wonder which is more true? Beside which is too far for me (I usually go at night if I do, and they have nothing left), where can I get these shrimps for reasonable price? Thanks!!
I bought 5 Bee and 5 CRS. They were in same tank. During first month 4 Bee and 1 CRS died. Therefore Bees are more delicate for me than CRS :)

silane
31st Dec 2005, 11:33 AM
I think the bee shrimps are also called black diamonds is it? I am quite puzzled by the names... Hehe...

Read here for diffference in bee and bee look-alike shrimp naming:
http://www.shrimpnow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189

IMO, bee shrimp is more delicate the CRS at least for the first 2 weeks after purchase from shop.

chinghsi
31st Dec 2005, 07:17 PM
I think there is some difference between diamond and bee shrimps... is it just the difference in quality?

silane
31st Dec 2005, 08:00 PM
I think there is some difference between diamond and bee shrimps... is it just the difference in quality?

What do you mean by quality? Have you read that thread? How to apply "quality" to 2 different species? :)

chinghsi
31st Dec 2005, 11:51 PM
But are Bees and Diamonds different species? I have read those threads... both diamond and new bee are named bee shrimps... The bee shrimp I am talking about is the shrimp that CRS is mutated from, and I think it is the same as Diamond, that is why I am asking why the difference in name? Is it in accordance to the gradings? Quality cannot be applied to two different species, that I am aware... :) Happy New Year!

imi_sky
1st Jan 2006, 05:08 AM
the names diamonds and bee or new bee are just names from different regions of the world.

in asia the BLACK AND WHITE SHRIMPS are called diamond shrimps
in north america they are called bee shrimps
and in some places the bumblebee shrimp is called new bee

thats my understanding of the names maybe im wrong but correct me if i am^^

Huatzzzz
1st Jan 2006, 05:22 PM

Hi, i learnt from a LFS owner that bee required very cold water say about 25 degree to survive. My water temp is about 26 degree + and had suffer many casualities, those survive has yet to spot mummy.

gr81
1st Jan 2006, 05:36 PM
Hi, i learnt from a LFS owner that bee required very cold water say about 25 degree to survive. My water temp is about 26 degree + and had suffer many casualities, those survive has yet to spot mummy.
Temperature is problem for all Serrata group (Bee, BB, Tiger, CRS...). Just need to use chiller :)

Walter
3rd Jan 2006, 01:55 PM
I kept before bees, very fragile. While I think care for diamonds are exactly the same for CRS. :)

chinghsi
3rd Jan 2006, 03:47 PM
I am wondering if there is a misunderstanding of bees, diamonds and bumblebees... Although there have been some clarifications on this, but I somehow feel that diamonds are graded bees, and bumblebees is something that look like bees, but not exactly the same species... Bees should be the wild form of diamonds and CRS... Am I right? Please rectify me if I am seriously wrong...

Frank
3rd Jan 2006, 08:31 PM
CRS are red bees. The bee is the "normal" species.
The CRS can be a little bit more difficult in the first time like fruitpie said.

gr81
3rd Jan 2006, 09:20 PM
Then CRS low grade should be red Bees & CRS high grade should be red Diamonds :) As so as all of these are Bees :)

Frank
4th Jan 2006, 02:47 AM
Funny, but correct as far as i can see.
Allways the problems with fantasy names.
In Germany the Diamonds are called "black & white" and the high grade CRS are called "queen".
It would be easier to use latin names if they are existing, but OK that would be too boring.

PS: Frank is my real name :joking:

gr81
4th Jan 2006, 03:26 AM
Latin naming is great in most cases, but when most of species are called Caridina sp. we have problem :)
btw: in germany can be bought high grade CRS? Are there some webshops selling shrimps? As we are neighbors, here is it tragedy to get some good shrimp.

Frank
4th Jan 2006, 03:48 AM
High grade CRS and bees can be bought here from privat only.
But not many people have them and not everybody who have them is also selling them currently. Maybe i can help you in a few months with bees. At the moment I have my first shrimplets (the adults are grade A - S i think).
You can see photos at my HP: wirbellose-nrw.de
I hope the time will come that we get better quality shrimps at all.

MarcosKenzo
24th Jun 2013, 02:52 PM
Hi, I'm looking for CRS and bees breeders here in Brazil. Does anybody know them. Tanks

JasmineCollee
16th Aug 2013, 10:53 PM
Personally i don't like these bee shirpms I just afraid of them they are really wild i don't want them near me. How you guys are really like them does they don't bite you.

monjak2444
17th Aug 2013, 08:51 PM
bite you lol they will sting you :)

thomasrsnk
20th Aug 2013, 09:15 AM
Bee shrimps in my experience are much more hardy then cherry shrimp, they breed non stop

thomasrsnk
20th Aug 2013, 09:30 AM
what i learned about bees is they like colder temperatures then neos