PDA

View Full Version : alternative cooling for nano tank

diki
19th Dec 2005, 05:20 PM
Just got hit by a idea. Just remembered that in the PC world, there is equipment using water to cool off the CPU using water as a conductor. I cannot remember how it works (more like radiator in a car) but anyone has experience in one for their PC might consider it as a alternate cooling for nano tank. However, I must say the price is not cheap but if it can cool the tank low enough, might be a consideration as IT stuff tends to be cheaper as more of it gets into the market.

gr81
19th Dec 2005, 05:46 PM
Just got hit by a idea. Just remembered that in the PC world, there is equipment using water to cool off the CPU using water as a conductor. I cannot remember how it works (more like radiator in a car) but anyone has experience in one for their PC might consider it as a alternate cooling for nano tank. However, I must say the price is not cheap but if it can cool the tank low enough, might be a consideration as IT stuff tends to be cheaper as more of it gets into the market.
There is no active cooling module. So you can get max. room temperature. (at least my). Peltier can go lower.

diki
21st Dec 2005, 12:47 PM
Oh. So the idea should not work. :joking: Well like I said, just got that idea when looking at the cooling method using Peltier. Thanks for the comments.