PDA

View Full Version : Moving pregnant cherry

stcyrwm
17th Dec 2005, 01:37 AM
I have a cherry that has been carrying eggs for a couple weeks. She's in a tank with about 25 harlequin rasboras. I'm worried about the babies getting eaten and was wondering if I should move her? Will moving her stress her out and possibly cause her to drop the eggs? If I do move her is it better to move her to my shrimp only tank or to one of those breeder nets that would still be in the same tank? Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

NanoDave
17th Dec 2005, 06:37 AM
Hi Bill, why is she not in the shrimp tank in the first place? :p

I think a breeding net will stress her by the sudden restriction on her boundaries. Moving her to a different tank may stress her due to the different environment/water condition or community interaction.

I would move the harlequin rasboras temporary if that is a possibility. Otherwise maybe swop them for boraras instead - boraras are shrimp safe fish.

(harlequin rasboras may be safe too, but I have no personal experience with them.)

Dave

Walter
17th Dec 2005, 12:44 PM
Why not remove the fishes instead? It will definitely stress her. If removing the fish is out of option. You can try bagging it by gently coaxing the shrimp into the bag instead of a net, this way the entire process the shrimp is not out of water. Hope this helps. :)

Pconnieae
17th Dec 2005, 10:15 PM
Hi,

Bill, you should let your shrimp in the tank and see what happens. It is too late to move it without risk. Just feed well the Rasboras ;) .