PDA

View Full Version : Neocaridina "white tiger" help

zane
23rd Feb 2011, 07:00 AM
Hi guys, I need help. As most of you know I've been selectively breeding Neocaridina Heteropoda and have been developing some color strains. One of those color strains being white, which I now have figured out that this was inherited from Okayama shrimp or "super white tiger".

Well I only have two of those left, and they won't breed. With my project deadline coming up next year I need this species of Okayama in order to create or improve new color strains. So PLEASE if anyone knows any breeders or can give me more information on where to find these white beauties let me know.

Most of my gene pool has died out, I really need some Okayama as they have all of my color strains I'm working on. I hoped to perfect my "pacific blue" and my newest color strain, green. I only have a few of each and I don't think I can sustain them for much long

zacks
23rd Feb 2011, 11:00 PM
Hi guys, I need help. As most of you know I've been selectively breeding Neocaridina Heteropoda and have been developing some color strains. One of those color strains being white, which I now have figured out that this was inherited from Okayama shrimp or "super white tiger".

Well I only have two of those left, and they won't breed. With my project deadline coming up next year I need this species of Okayama in order to create or improve new color strains. So PLEASE if anyone knows any breeders or can give me more information on where to find these white beauties let me know.

Most of my gene pool has died out, I really need some Okayama as they have all of my color strains I'm working on. I hoped to perfect my "pacific blue" and my newest color strain, green. I only have a few of each and I don't think I can sustain them for much long

neocaridina with gen tiger?

can i see the picture?

powerreef
24th Feb 2011, 03:15 AM
yes..picpic. needed

zane
24th Feb 2011, 04:38 AM
I don't know how to post a picture. It isn't really a tiger it's just white. It's neocaridina denticula "okayama", look it up. I need them desperately before my strain dies plus I can't lose my symbiotes. The white color is believed to be from a parasite which I intend to research. I was given a few breeders today and I contacted them but I don't know if they can ship them to me...

zacks
24th Feb 2011, 12:23 PM
I don't know how to post a picture. It isn't really a tiger it's just white. It's neocaridina denticula "okayama", look it up. I need them desperately before my strain dies plus I can't lose my symbiotes. The white color is believed to be from a parasite which I intend to research. I was given a few breeders today and I contacted them but I don't know if they can ship them to me...

omg....lol

it's very easy.....go to gallery choose upload and then copy paste for your pic here.......or you can upload at www.photobucket.com and copy paste the img code here.......

cheers.....don't forget post the picture

Abhishek
24th Feb 2011, 12:51 PM
Hi Zane,
Are you talking about this one
http://www.shrimpnow.com/content.php/203-Neocaridina-cf.-denticulata-%C2%B4Okayama%C2%B4-(White-Tiger-Shrimp)

zane
25th Feb 2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks zacks but mine are too small to take a decent photo of with my crappy camera :/ I don't want to upload anybody elses pics too, considering it is theirs.

And yes coldfear39! That's the species I'm talking about! They have a parasite I'm interested in because it causes white but only in males (?). As a zoologist and breeder I feel I must find out what makes these shrimp so amazing! Not to mention they are breedable with cherry shrimp and have many different colors. This is how I started my blue color strain and hopefully in the future, green.

Abhishek
25th Feb 2011, 01:01 PM
Ok zane, check with some from Hongkong, Singapore, Germany, I suppose they might have access to it or can help you out.
Did you checked aquabid?

zane
26th Feb 2011, 06:19 AM
Yes I check aquabid weekly, I've never seen Okayama shrimp on there unfortunetly. Nobody really has this exact breed of denticulata which makes it hard to find. I'm still asking around however and found a few people but they have not responded to me.

Now my best lead said he no longer has them